Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three days ago. For those of you who experienced a great increase in diarrhea after having your gallbladder out, was it immediate?Because, so far, I am only REALLY constipated, which is so unusual for me! My Dr. said I had lots of big stones, lots of little ones, and adhesions and inflammation all over my gallbladder. He said I was about 2 minutes away from having an infected gallbladder, so I am glad I had it out when I did.My question is, do you think my years of diarrhea were CAUSED by my gallbladder? If I was going to be one of those people whose diarrhea gets worse after having it removed, would I already be experiencing it, or does it come on gradually?

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Diarrhea dose not happen to everyone who has had the gall bladder removed. For you it has only been 3 days and if you are on pain pills they tend to cause a bit of constipation. Lets hope none of these problems last for you any longer.Take Care,Linda

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Diarrhea dose not happen to everyone who has had the gall bladder removed. For you it has only been 3 days and if you are on pain pills they tend to cause a bit of constipation. Lets hope none of these problems last for you any longer.Take Care,Linda

·
Registered
55 Posts
The meds can cause you to be a little constipated. However, for me the D started about 3 days after surgery and has become one of my best friends until recently when I found Linda and her findings on calcium.Hopefully, you won't remain constipated and the D won't return.Good luck! JenL

·
Registered
55 Posts
The meds can cause you to be a little constipated. However, for me the D started about 3 days after surgery and has become one of my best friends until recently when I found Linda and her findings on calcium.Hopefully, you won't remain constipated and the D won't return.Good luck! JenL

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hi! Hope your recovering nicely! I can certainly say that my major D for the past 3 1/2 years was caused by that dang gallbladder!! Mine was like yours, it was so swollen it stuck on to other organs and tissue inside, had A LOT of little stones, and very inflammed. So I was glad that it was gone too! Scary if we would have waited huh?!I didn't have a bowel movement for 5 days after surgery. I think it had a lot to do with the pain killers. It even said it could constipate on the bottle. I'm not 100%. I would say I'm 85% better then before the operation. If I eat fatty foods I may get D. So watch what you eat. But like tonight we went out for pizza. I had 2 pieces of pizza and some spicey buffalo wings. I didn't even need to take any Immodium afterwards. It was really super. I do get attacks now and then, but I really think it all has to do with eating something fatty. And my surgeon is HOPEFUL that it will get even better as time goes on. I feel very lucky that it's gotten better and not worse for me. I don't take calcium, and I take the Immodium once in a great while. I feel VERY lucky!! I hope you get the same results! Rest up! As easy as most say it is, it's STILL a major operation. I don't care what anyone says. I wasn't 100% for probably 3 weeks.
Jennifer

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hi! Hope your recovering nicely! I can certainly say that my major D for the past 3 1/2 years was caused by that dang gallbladder!! Mine was like yours, it was so swollen it stuck on to other organs and tissue inside, had A LOT of little stones, and very inflammed. So I was glad that it was gone too! Scary if we would have waited huh?!I didn't have a bowel movement for 5 days after surgery. I think it had a lot to do with the pain killers. It even said it could constipate on the bottle. I'm not 100%. I would say I'm 85% better then before the operation. If I eat fatty foods I may get D. So watch what you eat. But like tonight we went out for pizza. I had 2 pieces of pizza and some spicey buffalo wings. I didn't even need to take any Immodium afterwards. It was really super. I do get attacks now and then, but I really think it all has to do with eating something fatty. And my surgeon is HOPEFUL that it will get even better as time goes on. I feel very lucky that it's gotten better and not worse for me. I don't take calcium, and I take the Immodium once in a great while. I feel VERY lucky!! I hope you get the same results! Rest up! As easy as most say it is, it's STILL a major operation. I don't care what anyone says. I wasn't 100% for probably 3 weeks.
Jennifer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.