Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I'm Don. New to the board, but I dare say, at 48 I may be one of the longer IBS Veterans around. At age 7...they told me I had a 'Spastic Duodenum',,,at at 15 'Mucous colitis', then 'Spastic Colon' , then of course, IBS...I'm sure you folks have heard all of the names. Anyway, I've mostly had IBS-D...some C...or...not? Here's my question: Has anyone ever had what I call 'Constipated Diahrea'? I mean , I get the cramps...feel like I better get to the bowl quickly...only to sit and get zippo...then, after contorting myself, pushing (cursing) bending (cursing) twisting (Promising God everything), sweating and, did I mention cursing? Then, I get (this is gross, I know) a blob, or a piece or pieces...but they are NOT rocks...it's mush.Naturally, even after all of these years...I still get nervous when it goes on for a week...Especially, when a Hemmorrhoid breaks..Bottom line...anybody else get the 'Gotta GO NO' cramps only to do nothing...then a soft blob later?

·
Registered
108 Posts
all the timeI get all the pain and syptoms that I am really goning to hit that bathroom and them I can sit there forever and notheingI have been going through this a long timeWhen I was young my family used to joke about dynamiting it out of me I have gone as longas over 2 weeks with C and then when I finally dso go It s a major disapointment and nothing gets betterRight now My GI doc has me on miralax It s hit or miss situation depending on how musch I take because it can go inot this bloody D thing and ythen I am really sickI alsohave been diagnosed with the reflux the prescribed meds made me deathly sick and I had huge allergic reactions, Right now I take prilosec and tums It has taken away some of the pain and discomfort but there has to be somthing else I also get sick from eating I live on a lot of soup,Last night I thought I am going to clebrate I was loaded with tums in my tumyIhad some sushi (a no no) a nd some shampagne todayI am on deaths doorJUst going to rest and wait till I can talk to my docHope you are doing betterBut I think everybody is supposed to be sick and hungover on NYD'thanksKAren

·
Registered
557 Posts
Plenty of times I've had to strain to go BM and it ends up being extremely soft (what I'll call D) and sometimes (after all the straining) it's such a small amount that it's almost like calling "wolf." The smaller amounts of D happen right before a big bout of D and it also happens when I'm coming off a big bout of D. It's annoying, I know.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Hi Don - (Have to say - Love the Beatledude user name - my kids are Beatle freaks - they know more trivia on them than I do, and I am the old one of the Beatle generation...)Anyway - yes I have had that - and I have called it "constipated diarrhea!" The intestines are clamping down, they let some out, and then clamp down again - I have had this before and it is murder. Just another facet of wonderful IBS!For me there was never a pattern to it - nothing I ate made a difference - happened even on very little food, and it was very frustrating...Welcome to the BB and hope you find lots of info here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.