Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patty,I know the url is correct. I have tried it 3 times, but it is not working, or I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what.Go to: www.vitaminshoppe.com and in the search area, type in olive oil and hit search, then scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the article, just click on it. It is very interesting. Let me know if you find it.For those interested, but can't find it, the article basically stated that a study was done with men and women who have high blood pressure. Half the group was told to use extra virgin olive oil, the other half used sunflower oil. No other dietary changes were made, and after one year the group using the extra virgin olive oil had a significant drop in blood pressure. The group using the sunflower oil had no drop in BP.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)[This message has been edited by Rose (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
820 Posts
I got it Rose. This is great; I'm going to give the extra-virgin olive oil a shot if I can just figure out how to eat it. I know I can use it on salads, but what other dishes? Too much lettuce has a tendency to produce gas --- ya know what I mean?? *LOL*Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patty, Olive oil, garlic and parmesean cheese is great on pasta. YUMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You can drizzle it over veggies instead of butter or margerine.Also you can put a little oil on a plate and sop it up with bread (alot of the Italian resterants here serve bread and oil this way you can add balsamic vinegar or herbs to the oil).K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.