Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if it is truly helping or not yet, but for the past three days I have been drinking Olive Oil (about 1-2Tbs) per day and I am feeling pretty good. I have constipation normally but today I had no problem. I want to know if there is a better way to get the olive oil down. It tastes so horrible I almost throw up. Any recipes you guys have with a lot of olive oil that is actually edible food?thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your can actually pour the Olive Oil on food. As long as, you get the Olive Oilinto your system.I take it straight. Because I need tomake sure I get the 2 tablespoons at leaston a daily basis.Julia

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was in an Italian restaurant once and the brought out bread and olive oil as an alternative to butter. It's not too bad. Dip the bread in the olive oil and take a bite. If you put your dose in a small bowl and sopped it up with some bread, it might go down easier.Maybe get some of that sprouted bread that's getting a lot of positive press on the BB. Give that C a 1-2 punch!------------------Never give up! Never surrender!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you like salads, just mix the olive oil with vinegar, red wine vinegar is very good with the oil and makes a yummy salad. some people mix this sort of dressing for a sandwich dip as well. I cook with oil all of the time unless we just have to use the other veg oil.Keep us posted.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Also, make sure you're buying a really good quality olive oil - cold-pressed extra-virgin for sure. It shouldn't taste awful, unless you're buying one of the cheaper varieties. They can be quite strong and revolting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.