Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with OO causing colon pain? I have tried for a long time to take OO for constipation but it is not working for me. Actually nothing has worked for me. Everytime I use it I end up with sick painful cramps. I tried eliminating everything today but the OO & bread which I've never had a problem with. After a few hours of taking it I had cramps again. This is very disappointing. Thanks for reading my post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with OO causing colon pain? I have tried for a long time to take OO for constipation but it is not working for me. Actually nothing has worked for me. Everytime I use it I end up with sick painful cramps. I tried eliminating everything today but the OO & bread which I've never had a problem with. After a few hours of taking it I had cramps again. This is very disappointing. Thanks for reading my post.
Hello Ibby, It is very weird that OO causes you colon pain, but if so, don't use it.

For constipation I always recommend to balance the intestinal flora with a personalised approach. Also, drinking aloe vera gel (ecological) can help you with the inflamation (due to constipation) and to repair your intestinal mucus.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My wife made some soup with chicken meat balls fried in OO two days ago. The soup gave me terrible gas and cramps for 24 hours.
I recently started journaling my eating and I have been finding that when I have something sautéed in OO, I get really sick. I will even go back and make the same recipe again withholding only the OO and I am just fine.
For some reason I can tolerate much less health oils a lot better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also started journaling my eating when I started having trouble several years ago. That's how I found out beans and rice caused big time trouble. That, and food high in fiber. Now for whatever reason, I'm able to have beans and rice (still be careful about combining the two in a meal) and moderate amounts of fiber without too much trouble.

For me - reactions could be almost 48 hours later as I believe I have a slow digestive system, referred to as slow colonic transit, I believe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Steve,

That is very interesting, the fact that it takes so long to have issues sure makes it difficult to figure out what your problem foods are. I have really been restricting my diet recently, trying to get to the bottom of my issues and I have been going heavy on white rice since I can digest it so well.
Figuring out that the olive oil is giving me issues has been interesting.
I live in New Mexico where most restaurants serve beans, I have never questioned them! Takes me about an hour to let everyone know I cannot process them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts