Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started taking Omega 3 because of a lot of heart disease and deaths in my family . I am 62 and have high cholestrol and triglisrides and will not take statins because of the bad side effects of muscle pain I had. Now .. does omega 3 cause diarreha? I have severe IBS D and do not want to make this any worse than ot already is. I am already having a problem with burping that awful fish oil taste and have only started the pills a few days ago. Do they have coated ones? A friend of mine told me to put them in the freezer and that would cure the after taste , but would'nt freezing them ruin them?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi knothappy. I take enteric coated ones which take care of the fish burp problem and I store mine in the fridge (not sure why except that it sometimes gets really hot here and I thought they might go rancid or something).I don't experience any D from them :)

G

·
Hey Knothappy,I take Carlsons fish oil liquid, mix it in a little fruit juice. Have been doing this now for over one year, at first I had some reflux. Now no problem and I lowered my cholesterol from 200 to 180, increased the HDL. I only use the Carlsons as it is labeled no metals in the fish oil. (mercury, cadium, lead and 28 others)char

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.