Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,Just a quick note to say that I am going to take a rest. ON holiday form today through to 29th when I shall be back refreshed and ready to go.I might of seemed quieter than usual recently, but it has been down to working on the new tape for IBS partners, to help them understand better. As you know I have been working on it since Early January and the first recording is done and the testing results are coming back good. When I get back from holiday I will be completing the masters and getting them out.Helen will be looking after things in my absence so things will continue to be managed as needed.I have some thoughts on putting a tape together for managing some of the examinations IBS sufferers have to go through. I thought we would start with a colonoscopy. In fact I am going into the local hospital on my return to measure the need for this, any comments welcome.I won't be sending postcards so don't be disappointed if you don't get one
Best RegardsMike

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Mike!Have a great trip, and forget about work completely!
We'll be looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.I'm really excited about your upcoming tape for IBS partners & family members. A lot of times they really don't understand what we are going through, and this will be a big help explaining things to them. It sure will help to ease the strain on relationships that sometimes comes up with IBS.Tapes on examinations sound interesting also! If we had something to relax by before exams I think it would make things a lot easier. A lot of the stress we experience, and probably pain also during some of the procedures, is from tensing up imagining all kind of things that could happen. At least, I know that's what I do!
By the way, I managed to almost put myself to sleep in the emergency room the other day using some of the imaging from the IBS tapes, in spite of the fact I was in pain and there were people all over the place. As a matter of fact, I had to remind myself to be more alert so they would take me seriously. LOLAnyway, have a great trip!
JeanG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.