Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on Zelnorm for IBS constipation for about 1.5 years. The meds definitely make my bowels move sometimes too much. When I take the medicine I have diarrhea but if I don't take it I am constipated. The problem that I have is chronic gas. I stand and pass gas, I walk and pass uncontrollable gas. The odor is not pleasant and is very embarassing. Does anyone have this problem or a solution.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello! I don't really have this problem too often but my husband who does not suffer from IBS has a terrible flatulence problem. His don't really have an odor but by God, they could wake the dead! Every time without fail, right during dinner the air raid begins. He tries to control it but as soon as he stands or takes a step, lol the thunder rolls! Anyway my daughter and I are used to it by now, as is my entire family. It certainly gives us something to talk about at family gatherings though! Hope this makes you feel better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem but it only happens some of the time. I have tried gas reducing pills with my meals if I know I have to endure a tight enclosure w/people (such as a movie or teaching a client) and I'm eating a "risky" meal for me (more fat than I'm used to or wine w/dinner, etc). It usually works o.k. I'm tired of taking medications though and want to figure out a more natural method. I'm still searching and am setting out on an extensive research quest on medline & other peer reviewed research databases. I will let you know if I find anything!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts