Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing this on behalf of my mother who is in her seventies. She recently had a really bad virus, taking quite a lot of medicine for her cough and not eating a great deal. Since recovering her reflux is much worse and she has been troubled by spasm of the bowel and gas. I am a woman in her forties and have had IBS since I was 12 and my aunt is also a sufferer. We wondered if this is the onset of IBS for my mother and wondered if anyone had experienced a similar problem and how long it took them to return to normal? and if the IBS became a reoccuring problem.Thank You

·
Registered
263 Posts
First of all, my husband is from Nottingham, Daybrook (Arnold) to be exact. We live in San Francisco. I'm American. I'm 49 and I just have been diagnosed with this disease. I have had much milder symptoms a few times since I was 10. Now it is unbelievably painful and constant. Is your Aunt related by blood to your mom? Is it her sister? She should ask her doctor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We meet again IFlower it just so happens that I too am 49
. Piglette I am curious about your mom and the antibiotics that your mom was on. I was on a seriies of three of the new super antibiotics for a respiratory and sinus infection before my IBS got real bad. I firstly ended up with a bad bacterial infection after the antibiotics, finally was put on prescription for that and my insides have never been the same. My IBS has been awful for a year and a half.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi Scottsirish?Did you take the stress test that I posted? It's simple and fun!And Piglette, I know you're asleep, cuz your 8 hours ahead, Sunday morning. I hope your mom feels better. It seems to be common in old women! I thought it dissapeared after menopause. Wishful thinking. I've only talked to about 7 or 8 people and half of them say their mom's have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.