Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Because you have IBS and that is typical of IBS?The deliver just enough to the end for one BM and then stop sending more stuff to the very end for another several hours after you go thing isn't working. So going once, and then it keeps stuffing poop into the rectum right afterward is common in IBS. Add to that the rectum usually in IBSers goes into "gotta go NOW!" mode whenever it is a little full rather than waiting until really full and you find that the go 2-5 times in a fairly short period time is a very common thing in IBSers.It is not a symptom that something other than IBS is going on. It is a common IBS thing.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I sort of knew that really, but maybe thought there might be some sort of internal exercises a person could do to stop the urgency, or am I being too optimistic here lol!!Thanks again my friend.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yeah I think you are being too optimistic. Sorry... it is just the nature of it sometimes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have this too.Go in morning.Take shower... while in shower I need to go.Get out of shower and go.Have breakfast to calm stomach.Have to goGet on busGet to school and have to go....Survive 1st periodSurvive 2nd period3rd period - Stomach gets gassyEat lunch..Good for the day.Rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I used to have that unbearable urgency (usually about 4 times before leaving the house). While it has been over 10 years since this has been more than an inconvenience, I am still best if I wait for my first two of movements in the morning before counting on being good for the day. When I clean up after my dog, I realize he goes about 6 times a day. Maybe the once a days we expect are just "learned behaviour."Mark

·
Registered
908 Posts
there is a few theories on why.I tend to go with your body to trying deperately to get rid of something that it does not like.Could be ...bacterial, yeast or microbial, byproduct or wastechemicalsheavy metalspesticidesor all of the abovemy 2 cents

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Autosaver – Loved your post lol!! It really cheered me up, not that I’m glad you have to go, go and go, but the way you put it is hilarious. I’ve forgotten the balmy days when I would get up, shower, eat breakfast, stroll leisurely to the bathroom, go once, all over until tomorrow morning! Ah, happy days! Overitnow – Maybe your dog is the wise one, you could be right in your theory. Patman – I tend to agree with your theory, that’s the way it feels to me, as if my body is desperate to get rid at any price, and won’t let you rest until it’s absolutely empty. Ah, well, the joys of ibs!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Isn't it funny that after so many years we still don't have an answer to this... it's crazy.Whenever I watch shows back in the days without running water I wonder how did these people deal with IBS? Walkin through the dessert with your people to flee the emperor and having to stop and dig a hole in the sand every few steps.. lol...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Isn't it funny that after so many years we still don't have an answer to this... it's crazy.
Well that depends on who you talk to.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Mark,Having to wait until you've been twice in the morning is exactly how I am every morning.Unfortunately it can take a while and I am trapped for half the day waiting for it to happen,it's a terrible feeling.It's like trying to open a trap door to take the weight off those doors and offer relief.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Isn't it funny that after so many years we still don't have an answer to this... it's crazy.Whenever I watch shows back in the days without running water I wonder how did these people deal with IBS? Walkin through the dessert with your people to flee the emperor and having to stop and dig a hole in the sand every few steps.. lol...
Or being taken on the tumbril to get your head chopped off in France, and asking if they could stop at the Public Toilets lol!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't know how they managed without toilets, wet wipes, immodiums could you imagine. I go a few times in the morning but it's the amount for me. It just comes and comes and I swear I could fill a bucket. Then I feel shattered and have back ache all day. It is almost getting rid of everything in there until it has gone through. Sometimes thats 3 times for like 20 mins each time, other times it's seems much worse other times not so bad. It's always just as I have to leave for work so am late practically everyday at the moment. Dosen't matter what time I have to leave it's always the same. I am getting a bit stressed about being late everyday, but what can you do. I get up and take my tablets by 6.45 - 7.00 and have to leave at 9.00. Thank god I have an understanding boss.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This happens because your stomach is like a rock star, and it likes encore presentations.I deal with the same thing. It sucks, but not much can really be done about it. I also have acid-reflux, so I got the "double-dose."I just try not to eat a lot of dairy, acidic, chocolate, and greasy foods. I also don't eat within 2-3 hours prior to going to bed. IBS WILL consume your life...IF you let it. The quicker you just accept that life is going to be different, the easier you'll get through the day.Normally, I'm sick until early afternoon, but after that, things sort of calm down. If I go on vacations, I get up extra early, and if I have to fly, I take afternoon/early evening flights. As for getting to work, that's a trick. It's basically a matter of getting up a few hours early, and then crossing my fingers and hoping for the best on my way to work...

·
Registered
22 Posts
cause having IBS-D sucks. sometimes, i get so frustrated, i stay on the toilet. i REFUSE to leave. which is becoming more of an issue since my roommate got diagnosed with IBS-D as well. cheer up, we're all in the same boat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.