Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time after 2 trips to the emergency room after the super bowl I wrote that I started taking colenetix and had relief from the cramping within a day, what I didn't write was I had been taking calcium and acidophilus before that since it wasn't working. As the months went buy I ran out of everything, but I figured I was cured, the first thing that happened was my back, shoulder arms and hand really started to ache, I wound up going to the doctor he told me it was arthritis, which I thought was weird because I have had arthritis for 30 years and it had never bothered me that much, then it dawned on me that the calcium was controlling my arthritis so I started it again, but then I started to get the stomach cramps and diarrhea again, I started the colonetix again, but the pain was gradually increasing, Saturday morning I went out and brought some more acidophilus, but I didn't want to take it with the first stage of the colenitx, because I thought it might be canceled out, by the afternoon I was in so much pain I couldn't even sit up, I then the vomiting started, I took the probiotic then got dressed to go to the emergency room, but when I but on my jeans the presssure from then around my waist give me enough relief that I started to wait it out, then about an hour later the pain was gone, then it hit me that it was the combination of Colonetix, calcium and acidophilus that worked for me

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
470 Posts
Last time after 2 trips to the emergency room after the super bowl I wrote that I started taking colenetix and had relief from the cramping within a day, what I didn't write was I had been taking calcium and acidophilus before that since it wasn't working. As the months went buy I ran out of everything, but I figured I was cured, the first thing that happened was my back, shoulder arms and hand really started to ache, I wound up going to the doctor he told me it was arthritis, which I thought was weird because I have had arthritis for 30 years and it had never bothered me that much, then it dawned on me that the calcium was controlling my arthritis so I started it again, but then I started to get the stomach cramps and diarrhea again, I started the colonetix again, but the pain was gradually increasing, Saturday morning I went out and brought some more acidophilus, but I didn't want to take it with the first stage of the colenitx, because I thought it might be canceled out, by the afternoon I was in so much pain I couldn't even sit up, I then the vomiting started, I took the probiotic then got dressed to go to the emergency room, but when I but on my jeans the presssure from then around my waist give me enough relief that I started to wait it out, then about an hour later the pain was gone, then it hit me that it was the combination of Colonetix, calcium and acidophilus that worked for me
Mike, very pleased to hear that you got relief. Can you describe all your symptoms before you took the supplements? Did you have IBS-C or IBS-D?Are you now saying that you are completely symptom free?How much calcium did you take? Which brand of acidophilus did you take and how much? Do you take the Colonetix all the time? Are you planning to stay on all of these forever?Sorry for all the questions but if you think you are cured then that is great but I am sure people like me would like some more detail so that we can try the same idea.Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My two main problems are constant cramping, that has immobilized me after every bowel movement and diarrhea, imodiumcontrolled the diarrhea but the cramping is unbearable, I am taking generic calcium with vitamin d and generic acidophilus, I have had a bout of diarrhea today, but it is pain free so I can live with that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.