Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i would like to say thanks to all of you for your prayers, and concerns it helped
i will tell all of you something,if you ever get stones i your submandibular gland(see your doctor)dont let it get to the point they must removed the gland, it took 2 hours of surgery to do!! my gallbladder took 40 mins!I AM IN TOTAL PAIN,EVEN THE PAIN KILLERS DONT SEEM TO HELP!AND CONSTIPATION!! IT IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER FELT,now i look like herman munster, i have a 5 inch gash in my neck,oh yea lindab i had a drain
HA HA HA lindab i know you must be reading this ? i know you have a stone or to!!if they are in your duct go for it
well i got to go lay down,oh i lost you guys e mail address when computer took a dump, i need your e mail address again
charlie

·
Registered
686 Posts
Geez, Charlie, I've been really worried about you since we haven't heard anything! Sooooo glad it's over and you're OK. You will live, you know! Try to avoid those pain killers as much as you can, especially if they aren't doing much good anyway - most of them are narcotic based and cause major C!!! I will email you shortly.Is this your "new" neck???
------------------Those who laugh, last! [This message has been edited by LindaB (edited 07-01-99).]

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome back Charlie you'll be feeling better soon !!! Just rest and relax and take that calcium with magnesium for the constipation. You have been in everyone thoughts since your niece told us of your problem.------------------��-whereever you go there you are

G

·
Hey Charlie, It wasn't but about 2 months ago that I had surgery, so I can vividly remember how you're feeling and I feel sorry for you buddy. Just take it easy, take your pills and take your time.Becky

G

·
Hey Charlie-Sounds like a rough past few days!! I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well and you're home. I have been wondering how you are. Try to relax and get some sleep. Hopefully, you'll be up and feeling better in no time!
-Kayla

G

·
Welcome back, Charlie! Bet you're glad it's over. Now you don't have to dread it. We've all missed you and have been praying that things would go well. Take it easy and let yourself heal.Jan

G

·
Charlie, so glad you are even well enough to have come to the computer and let us know how you are doing.. I wish you a very speedy recovery. Those pain pills are killers. Thought I was having a heart attack from mine. Plus they gave me a headache.

G

·
Hello CharlieI am so glad to hear from you. I have been something similar and I know the pain that you are feeling. I also looked like Mrs. Herman Munster. I remember just crying and crying when I looked in the mirror. I thought I looked so hideous.Today the scar about 8" long (from ear to ear)is almost hard to see. I never believed this would happen. It just is there in the fold of your neck.Hey, where the heck is the submandibular gland anyway?Please take care of yourself and rest. Your body has been through alot.Lindalabergin###liberty.edu

G

·
Hi Charlie,So glad to hear your surgery went well. When I found this I thought of you immediately! Take care of yourself.Cheryl

G

·
Charlie,So glad you made it ok.
Now you have to let yourself heal which means lots of rest. Try MEGA fluids to curb the Constipation... I'm on pain killers also and have finally succumbed to actually taking them. Not fun I know, but pain is not good either. Take care of yourself ok???? Glad to see CHARLIE back on board!!!Deb

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Glad to hear you're alive and kickin on the BB. I've missed your postings Charlie. Now go lay down and watch some 3 Stooges or something to keep your humor level up and the pain level down. You can do all that researching when you're feeling better. Meanwhile we'll just have to dumb-down a little. Ha, ha. ------------------

G

·
YOO...... Charlie. Glad it is over and good to have you back. hope you get to feelin better.... when I had my ear surgery I chugged away on those pain pills and wound up in emergency cause of them. So watch those sucker. Keep gettin better....... ((HUGS))

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.