Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Not sure if this question should go in the gas forum, but I think it's more of a general question. Sometimes when I feel like I'm at my worst, the only real symptom I have is gurgling and excessive gas. Sometimes the gas feels trapped, and sometimes I just have a lot of flatulence. No certain foods seem to trigger this symptom, so it's hard to pinpoint. As for the gurgling sensation it's mainly in my lower abdomen, sometimes right side, and sometimes left side, which can extend up the entire left side at times, so I'm assuming the end of my colon. The strange thing is, sometimes when I get this, I can have normal bowel movements. The gas causes slight pain, but not really too bad, it's really more of an annoyance, plus the gurgling can get kind of distressing. I guess my question is, are there times when you only get gas from IBS, and if not, then are there any other disorders that would cause only gas? I can't seem to find any. Also keep in mind that this is something that comes and goes for a week here and there, it's not constant, and mainly only happens in the late afternoon/early evening, around dinner time. Also, I really don't have any other symptoms of anything that would be more serious, such as Crohn's (lots of diarrhea, pain, etc.) or something else. Any others that have experiences like this? Or am I as strange of a case as I feel like? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
All humans have gas, IBSers tend to not move the gas as effectively so it causes more issues.If you have carbohydrate intolerances you will have more gas when you eat what you are intolerant of.Usually fewer symptoms than IBS is still functional GI illness (just one that is not quite all the symptoms of IBS which is what most of the other functional GI problems are) not an indication that something much more severe and much worse is going on. Usually the much worse has more symptoms than IBS not fewer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts