Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me personally, it seems as though 90% of the time I get sick with d when I am at work. One of my bosses has been making me very nervous lately, because he has started to correct me when talking. For example, if I use the wrong word, he will correct me. It really bothers me but I guess I am too shy to say anything.Anyways, when I am at home I am usually ok, seems to be mostly at work when I get the flare-ups.I'm going to my doctor in a few days and I'm going to ask him to prescribe me an anti-diarreah drug I can start taking. I'm tired of constantly having to go to the bathroom at work.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hey i know how you feel, the workplace is a scary, anxiety causing location for alot of us. "The thing that upsets people is not what happensbut what they think it means."Here's a quote for you, don't let what your boss does lead to you thinking badly about yourself. You are a really resilient person for going to work even with all the IBS problems.I have my WORST D when I'm at work, the kind where your lunch speeds thru you and is in the toilet by 2pm. Have you tried some over the counter immodium or hypnotherapy tapes?If you can let your boss know you are experiencing some GI problems at the moment, think positive I know it's hard you're a good smart person!M

·
Registered
556 Posts
If he keeps doing it it's most likely because of your reaction to the first few times he did it. It made him feel empowered, so he keeps doing it.Bosses can be a-holes. Next time he does it, say politely "Thanks <first name> for correcting me." or something similar.Just shows he's reaching for some sort of empowerment... and that he himself is not confident.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys!I think he has really low self-esteem if he has to correct me, like you said, gives him a feeling of power to make me feel bad. I hate him and wish he would retire already, hopefully he will within the next few years (he will be 67 in October).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Next time you notice him making a grammatical error, you should correct him. That would be funny!! Anyway, I know what you mean about your IBS flaring up at work. Mine does it 99% of the time right before work or when I'm going somewhere. Just knowing I'm not near a bathroom is enough to scare the sh... out of me literally!! Hang in there. Hopefully you'll find something quick to help you!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.