Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else that only suffers from pain with their IBS? I've never gotten the c or d really but when I eat any dairy or red meat or greasy foods I end up, up all night in horrible pain in my stomach and back. I would rather be hit by a car than have this pain and it lasts for hours and only at night, no matter when in the day I eat something I shouldn't have.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There is a functional disorder that is bascially all the pain of IBS without stool consistancy changes (now it doesn't need to be full blown watery D or didn't go for a week constipation, there is a range of alteration of stool consistancy and frequency seen in IBS).Functional Chronic Abdominal Pain is what it is called when you have that sort of pain, but do not have the stool issues.BUt that the pain is after fatty meals, I wonder if you have been checked for gall bladder problems, those tend to occur after fatty meals and be quite painful.IBS pain most typically tends to go away when you are sleeping....I assume CFAP is similar.I'd get the gall bladder looked at.If it is CFAP then its pain is treated the same way IBS pain is, so that doesn't make much difference in diagnosis.K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a newbie here. This is my first post.I also suffer more from pain than the other symptoms, although bloat is a problem. I went through a big phase of alternating C and D when I first started with this IBS years ago, and lost 20 pounds, but now have the C and D under control through better diet. But the pain is driving me nuts! It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, it hurts all the time. The only time I feel good is when I wake up in the morning. It only takes about half an hour after getting up before the pain comes on, and then it is there all day. I have been through all the usual tests, up and down both ends. Have been told to just "learn to live with it." But nothing works for the pain except codeine, and I can't picture that as a long-term solution. How are we supposed to live like this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
reenieI thought i saw a reply to you from eric but maybe it was on another thread. He referred you to st mary's medical center SF, where they have a weekly meeting of ibs self group. The contact is (or was 3 years ago) Laura Goldbaum. She is the nurse practioner for the group. The phone # was 1-415-750-8158. The hosp # is 1-415-668-1000. They used to meet on Thur eves 6-7.30pm, I live in the bay area and the drive to SF at night was too much otherwise i would have tried it out.fleure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, Fleure. I did receive a private message from someone, but only just found it. Like I said, I'm new here, and still learning how things work. I work in San Francisco, so I am going to give them a call at St. Mary's. I am with Kaiser, and they have not offered any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have extreme pains in my lower abs( in apendex area) aswell as in the exact same alignment on my back(ie.at the top of my right butt cheek )aswell as at the very bottom where it meets the hamstring ,which sometimes get so sore it effects my ability to walk and obviously run...before understanding ibs i thought i had pulled my hamstring on several occasions whilst playing rugby but now believe it could all be related, also have a lump on my gland area on the right hand side of my throat which at times swells to tennis ball size and then gets a 10/10 for pain when trying to eat...besides that no C or D or anything else do get nausias when eating sometimes too....do these sound similar.....anyone had similar conditions? and any advise??

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am now on hydrocodone (Vicodin) and my pain is worst after evening meals. It is througout my transverse, descending, and sigmoid colon. I also have rectal outlet dysfunction (I don't push out all the poop). My diagnosis is IBS pain predominant, C, and "transit" problem. I only take the Vicodin (7.5/750) after dinner.Some nights my pain level is 1; others, an 11 on a scale of one to ten. Please read my other posts in the pain forum. Good luck to all of you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two weeks ago, I started on Donotal and Paxil, both supposed to help with the spasms that cause the pain, and to increase serotonin levels in the G.I. It seems to be working. I feel 50% better, and that is a LOT. These two drugs may not work for everyone, but there it is. Worth a try.Maureen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.