Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i hear all this stuff about different types of IBS...well it seems like alot of people that suffer from ibs dont really have that bad of symptons...with me this is usually how it is...for a week ill be fine...and then one day/night my lower left colon will hurt really bad and ill sit on the toilet for like a hour and push hard to try and get it out ASAP because the pain is so strong until i get everything out of me...finally when i have everything out of me then i have hemaroids because i sat on the toilet so long pushing hard...then for a week my ass hurts because of my hemroids...this sucks...im a 21 year old male and my gf is gonna be giving birth to our child in 3 months...i want this to go away! in my previous post the full body cleanse did help me yet i did have a bad spell after eating some food maybe that caused it? not really sure...just wondering if anyone has my same symptons? also i have had a colonosocpy done but i have seen that colonoscopys actually miss the lower left part of the colon...and thats where my pain is...should i have any other tests done? also should i avoid any foods/preservatives? when my stomach hurts most of the time its diahreea or just really choppy...nothing solid...help me out with some opinions! thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I know it can be hard to do, but try to avoid the prolonged pushing sessions. I know it hurts, but a few short sessions with getting up and walking in between or just not pushing but seated may help.I would think the lower right would be more of a problem for a colonoscopy
since the left side is closest to the anus and the right sid is farthest away...now they can sometimes get far enought to see the end of the small intestine on the right side so I don't know how much they always miss
Food could vary, it may help to keep a journal and see if things like greasy foods or large meals or some specific food seems to be associated. It may it may not.You might try popping a couple of Altoids when an episode starts. This is an herbal antispasmodic (may increase heartburn) and it may relax things in the colon and make things easier for you.K.

·
Registered
33 Posts
[Try a 6 ounce of prune juice and about 6 dried prunes when you get this constipation attack . Give it about two-three hours to work and try to exercise by walking 2 miles and you will have a very easy bowel movement. Good luck from a gentleman who has suffered with IBS-C since 1969 and knows how handle the constipation. Good luck !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.