Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have anything to say about oral anti-fugal medication? I have a ring worm infection that may require oral medication to clear up.Is there usually any problems with Oral Anti-Fungals like there are with Antibiotics in regards to "D" or IBS?[This message has been edited by Karl2001 (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
395 Posts
I took Diflucan for some yeast related problems and had no problems with it. I'm not sure what kind of other anti-fungals there are, but Diflucan took care of my problem with no side effects.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I took Diflucan for some yeast related problems and had no problems with it. I'm not sure what kind of other anti-fungals there are, but Diflucan took care of my problem with no side effects.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Just found this in the search files and wonder what happened with the antifungal Karl (if you're still around).

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Just found this in the search files and wonder what happened with the antifungal Karl (if you're still around).

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
HiFor a safe 'alternative'you could try tea trea oil. It's very effective for fungal infections. If used orally it'd be good to dilute it with water.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
HiFor a safe 'alternative'you could try tea trea oil. It's very effective for fungal infections. If used orally it'd be good to dilute it with water.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Morning All
,Well imagine my surprise at the activity on this threat after all these months. It turned out I didn't need the anti-fungal after all. It wasn't a fungus to begin with. I had thought that I had thrush. One should NEVER self-diagnose!!!! I didn;t have thrush at all. Instead I have a strange malady called Geographic tongue. It's a very odd thing. Completely harmless just looks gross. My dentist and GP say that it is often thought to be thrush but isn't. AND;...AND;...go figure...They don't seem to know exactly what causes it but they think it is linked to STRESS and ANXIETY. Very similar to my IBS.
Any one that's interested in Geographic Tongue can find more information and photos at the following:Migratory Glossitis (Geographic Tongue)Thanks for your interest in my situation.KARLP.S. I just love all these happy little graphics:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good Morning All
,Well imagine my surprise at the activity on this threat after all these months. It turned out I didn't need the anti-fungal after all. It wasn't a fungus to begin with. I had thought that I had thrush. One should NEVER self-diagnose!!!! I didn;t have thrush at all. Instead I have a strange malady called Geographic tongue. It's a very odd thing. Completely harmless just looks gross. My dentist and GP say that it is often thought to be thrush but isn't. AND;...AND;...go figure...They don't seem to know exactly what causes it but they think it is linked to STRESS and ANXIETY. Very similar to my IBS.
Any one that's interested in Geographic Tongue can find more information and photos at the following:Migratory Glossitis (Geographic Tongue)Thanks for your interest in my situation.KARLP.S. I just love all these happy little graphics:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Good news for you, then, Karl. Did you think you had ring-worm of the tongue? Some of those tongue pictures were pretty geo-graphic
. Love that name: "Migratory Glossitis", though. Related to stress and anxiety, huh? What do they think you do, chew on it? I guess I was just curious to see what the Diflucan did for your "IBS".

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Good news for you, then, Karl. Did you think you had ring-worm of the tongue? Some of those tongue pictures were pretty geo-graphic
. Love that name: "Migratory Glossitis", though. Related to stress and anxiety, huh? What do they think you do, chew on it? I guess I was just curious to see what the Diflucan did for your "IBS".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts