Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if anyone can benefit from this (and I don't know if they will allow people who have prescription insurance coverage but cannot get their insurance to cover Lotronex) but this ad was in the paper here today.30-40% savings of GSK Medicines.GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is proud to remind you of the Orange Card Prescription Savings for:Medicare eligibleAnnual incomes at or below $30,000 single/$40,000 coupleWithout prescription drug coverage.The phone number is 1-888-orange-6 (1-888-672-6436)Basically you show the card at the phamacy and get direct savings. So you pay less there.The actual savings can vary but they expect for most people a 30-40% savings.Thought people would like to know.I wonder if we could get a petition together to get Orange Card coverage for those who seem to have prescription coverage but can't get anyone to cover Lotronex. It seems a shame that after all the hard work to get it on the market that so many seem to have such problems getting it covered when it IS medically necessary.K.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks K.. I checked it out but since we still have prescription coverage we cant apply which is just not fair.Deb M

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is the drug companies' response to the possibility of prescription drug coverage. Many companies are setting up similar programs to offset the bad press the high prescription costs have brought them. The majority of these programs are for seniors (over age 65). They do however have little known programs that provide medications for indigent patients. I doubt a restricted drug like Lotronex would be included, but often patients get blood pressure or diabetic medications free if they can document that they are poor and uninsured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts