Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm a 27yo male who's been suffering from IBS symptoms for around six months. At first I was experiencing pain in my liver/gall bladder, especially after drinking my morning cafe latte (whole milk). Initially I convinced myself that I had hepatitis, as I'd never been tested for STDs despite having something of a past. When I plucked up the courage to get tested, the doctor said I probably had IBS, or gall stones. Several negative blood tests and an ultrasound later, I accept that I probably have IBS. I've recently started drinking probiotic drinks and cut out orange juice altogether. My symptoms seem to have improved these last couple of weeks, surely because I'm putting less acid into my system. I used to drink orange juice like it was water - often necking a litre a day. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed a connection between OJ and IBS?My symptoms haven't exactly cleared up altogether. I've been constipated a few times and noticed mucus in my stools (which I now examine fastidiously, sometimes scooping them out of the toilet and holding them up to the light of day - using an appropriate scoop, of course!). Today I noticed bits of red, quite hard so more likely to be yesterday's tikka masala than blood. Being somewhat neurotic, I've become rather obsessed with inspecting my poo, and convinced one of my doctors to get my faeces examined (which she reluctantly agreed to, after taking one look at my medical history, which mentions nothing but anxiety disorders, and one weary, slightly contemptuous look at me, as if I was wasting her time!).

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
And the poo examination, even 10 years after finding an effective treatment, never ends. (Tough I've never used a scoop.)Mark

·
Registered
205 Posts
I started drinking loads of OJ about 3 days ago, and ever since my abdominal pains have gone down to almost nothing. I just assumed if I had something that led to my IBS, then the OJ would help kick the Vit-C into overdrive. This could all be in my head, but its working!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.