Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the claims and counter claims here and other places, i'm confused about hat oregano oil is suppossed to do. can anyone tell me?tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Tom,I think we are not sure yet what it is exactly doing but many of us - with different symptoms - feel relieved after taking the oil. I believe the main thing the oil is doing is killing all the bad (and probably lots of the good) bacterias in our digestive system. Although many different reasons may cause the symptoms, still it might make living with IBS a bit easier if you manage to get rid of one of those reasons and its resulting symptoms.I'd suggest you read the thread "Oregano Oil Revised" and decide for yourself if you should try it. If you ask me, you don't have anything to loose...Best regards,Peter...(C&D type)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tom,I think we are not sure yet what it is exactly doing but many of us - with different symptoms - feel relieved after taking the oil. I believe the main thing the oil is doing is killing all the bad (and probably lots of the good) bacterias in our digestive system. Although many different reasons may cause the symptoms, still it might make living with IBS a bit easier if you manage to get rid of one of those reasons and its resulting symptoms.I'd suggest you read the thread "Oregano Oil Revised" and decide for yourself if you should try it. If you ask me, you don't have anything to loose...Best regards,Peter...(C&D type)

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I suspect it's a placebo.------------------I am not a doctor, nor do I work for profit in the medical/pharmacological field, but I have read scientific and medical texts, and have access to numerous sources of medical information that are not readily available to others. One should always consult a medical professional regarding advice received.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I suspect it's a placebo.------------------I am not a doctor, nor do I work for profit in the medical/pharmacological field, but I have read scientific and medical texts, and have access to numerous sources of medical information that are not readily available to others. One should always consult a medical professional regarding advice received.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.