Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm just going through a good spell, but lately my D hasn't been nearly as bad and sometimes it's even hard to go!About a month ago, I started buying all my dairy and red meat organically, at the suggestion of the supplement lady who sells me my probiotics (and some fruits/veggies too, but not as much. I can't buy everything organically, I'm a poor student!). I never put much stock in organic things, really, so I didn't plan on being too impressed. I figured I'd give it a whirl, though...nothing to lose, right?I don't know if it's too early to tell (can a difference be made within a month of changing to hormone-free products?), but I can't help but think that maybe this is what's helping me. Maybe all those pesticides and hormones I was eating were getting my IBS to act up?Like I said, it may be too early to tell and maybe I'm just going through a good spell. But maybe not! Maybe organic is the way to go

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
If you can afford it, there are only good things that can come from not taking in all of those additives. (Think Cancer as well as IBS.) Probably the less meat, the better, too; unless it is raised on organic feed.Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts