Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Lisa, I am 25 years old, and for the past few years I have been suffering from IBS. It's been a long hard road with medications and stuff. I get all the symptoms that comes with IBS, but I was wondering if anyone else gets any other symptoms like, being really tired, body feels real hot even though the outside is cool, feeling like sometimes your body can't catch up with you example: I sometimes get up and I get real dizzy and it's like part of me is still sitting yet and then boom I feel like my body starts pumping real hard. I don't know how to really explain it but that's the best I can do. I would appreciate any input that anyone can give me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
quote: I sometimes get up and I get real dizzy and it's like part of me is still sitting yet and then boom I feel like my body starts pumping real hard.
It sounds a lot like orthostatic hypotension. Heres' an excerpt from Orthostatic Hypotension Information Page
quote: What is Orthostatic Hypotension? Orthostatic hypotension is a sudden fall in blood pressure that occurs when a person assumes a standing position. It may be caused by hypovolemia (a decreased amount of blood in the body), resulting from the excessive use of diuretics, vasodilators, or other types of drugs, dehydration, or prolonged bed rest. The disorder may be associated with Addison's disease, atherosclerosis (build-up of fatty deposits in the arteries), diabetes, and certain neurological disorders including Shy-Drager syndrome and other dysautonomias. Symptoms, which generally occur after sudden standing, include dizziness, lightheadedness, blurred vision, and syncope (temporary loss of consciousness).
This happened to me all the time when I was taking Levsin. Check your meds and check with your doc. Although meds can make this happen, there are other more serious causes.

·
Registered
461 Posts
quote: I sometimes get up and I get real dizzy and it's like part of me is still sitting yet and then boom I feel like my body starts pumping real hard.
It sounds a lot like orthostatic hypotension. Heres' an excerpt from Orthostatic Hypotension Information Page
quote: What is Orthostatic Hypotension? Orthostatic hypotension is a sudden fall in blood pressure that occurs when a person assumes a standing position. It may be caused by hypovolemia (a decreased amount of blood in the body), resulting from the excessive use of diuretics, vasodilators, or other types of drugs, dehydration, or prolonged bed rest. The disorder may be associated with Addison's disease, atherosclerosis (build-up of fatty deposits in the arteries), diabetes, and certain neurological disorders including Shy-Drager syndrome and other dysautonomias. Symptoms, which generally occur after sudden standing, include dizziness, lightheadedness, blurred vision, and syncope (temporary loss of consciousness).
This happened to me all the time when I was taking Levsin. Check your meds and check with your doc. Although meds can make this happen, there are other more serious causes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well right now I am not taking any meds at all cause my doctor wants to see how I do without it, but I was on Lexapro. It's been like 2 weeks that I've been off of it. I just wasn't sure if there were any other symptoms of IBS besides GI problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well right now I am not taking any meds at all cause my doctor wants to see how I do without it, but I was on Lexapro. It's been like 2 weeks that I've been off of it. I just wasn't sure if there were any other symptoms of IBS besides GI problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello LisaYes I know exactly how u are feeling, I have all those things feeling very tired all of the time and dizzy that makes me worry theres something wrong with my head which then causes me to have a panic attack. I never feel well and its really affecting my way of life, i also have hot sweats and even have had joint pains. Do you suffer with back pain?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello LisaYes I know exactly how u are feeling, I have all those things feeling very tired all of the time and dizzy that makes me worry theres something wrong with my head which then causes me to have a panic attack. I never feel well and its really affecting my way of life, i also have hot sweats and even have had joint pains. Do you suffer with back pain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have achy joints and dizzy spells. And times when I feel so weak I can barely pick up my 4 month old. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my IBS or something different. From research I've done I can only conclude that maybe it's a lack of certain vitamins and minerals from malabsorbtion problems due to IBS. Of course, I don't know that for sure, my Dr. is no help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have achy joints and dizzy spells. And times when I feel so weak I can barely pick up my 4 month old. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my IBS or something different. From research I've done I can only conclude that maybe it's a lack of certain vitamins and minerals from malabsorbtion problems due to IBS. Of course, I don't know that for sure, my Dr. is no help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
me too - I also get extremely dizzy spells and the feeling of being hot but no temperature ( I'm male by the way !! ) . I don't get achy joints , but do get shooting pains in them which are very transient . I do also have CFS and Fibromyalgia which may be contributing to these problems . Life can be difficult sometimes !! .

·
Registered
56 Posts
me too - I also get extremely dizzy spells and the feeling of being hot but no temperature ( I'm male by the way !! ) . I don't get achy joints , but do get shooting pains in them which are very transient . I do also have CFS and Fibromyalgia which may be contributing to these problems . Life can be difficult sometimes !! .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone for your input. Yes I do get back pain sometimes, especially when I have a IBS attack. I usually still have the back pain even the next day or so. I get pains in my legs mostly in the knees. Lately I've been really worn out, but I guess it's part of the IBS thing. I just moved here to California to be with my boyfriend and we just found out that he has IBS as well, so this is quite fun for the both of us! We both suffer and sometimes it's at the exact same time, so that's even more fun! (Not)..anyways, thank you all for your input once again. Oh and one more thing, Doctors are never any help when it comes to IBS, I found that out already.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for your input. Yes I do get back pain sometimes, especially when I have a IBS attack. I usually still have the back pain even the next day or so. I get pains in my legs mostly in the knees. Lately I've been really worn out, but I guess it's part of the IBS thing. I just moved here to California to be with my boyfriend and we just found out that he has IBS as well, so this is quite fun for the both of us! We both suffer and sometimes it's at the exact same time, so that's even more fun! (Not)..anyways, thank you all for your input once again. Oh and one more thing, Doctors are never any help when it comes to IBS, I found that out already.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey im a lisa too, i also have IBS obv and i have mainly back pain and knee pain. i get very hot for no reason and i get dizzy alot when i stand up. ive just been put on colofac (3rd day) and i feel very sick alot of the time now, although i dont throw up, and i feel like i have no energy. anybody else on colofac?

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey im a lisa too, i also have IBS obv and i have mainly back pain and knee pain. i get very hot for no reason and i get dizzy alot when i stand up. ive just been put on colofac (3rd day) and i feel very sick alot of the time now, although i dont throw up, and i feel like i have no energy. anybody else on colofac?

·
Registered
544 Posts
There are times after eating anything I will get the feeling faint when arising and hot, tired. I took my blood pressure to check it out ....bp was low, 95/60. why this happens? not sure. could be blood going to intestines and not enough to brain? Joann

·
Registered
544 Posts
There are times after eating anything I will get the feeling faint when arising and hot, tired. I took my blood pressure to check it out ....bp was low, 95/60. why this happens? not sure. could be blood going to intestines and not enough to brain? Joann

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello again, been to the doctors again today cause i just cant deal with the constant dizziness, headache and nausea. He has put me on beta blocker which should help with the anxiety side of things so we,ll see how that works

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello again, been to the doctors again today cause i just cant deal with the constant dizziness, headache and nausea. He has put me on beta blocker which should help with the anxiety side of things so we,ll see how that works

·
Registered
83 Posts
Other symptoms I get from my severe IBS are; back pain, difficulty urinating, muscle aches and pain, joint pain, eye pain (neuralgia), dizziness, fatique, nausea, vomiting, headaches, and a few things I can't remember as of right now. Strange little syndrome.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.