Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I used to have IBS-C but have the past year or so have developed D. If I eat an extremely bland diet i am OK, but things I used to digest very well, such as meat, fish, chicken, now give me D. This is not just simple D though. The D might last only a couple of days, but afterwards I have gas, nausea, and bloating. My bowel is obviously affected. i will have no BMs for a couple of days and then slowly over about 2 wks, it begins to function again, slowly getting back to normal. Does this sound familiar? If i take Imodium to stop the D, what about the rest of the symptoms? Will bentyl or Levsin help? I don't really have much pain or cramping. Pepto bismol helps but I can't take it all the time. I understand that low doses of fiber can help, but again what about the other symptoms?Thanks. I am new to this site and am very happy to see others with similar symptoms (not that I would wish this on anyone). My doctors act like I'm the only one with such symptoms.thanks, rosie

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Rosie, Be very assured, You Are NOT alone.
Yes, what you wrote sounds very familiar.Here is a great, in plain old English, description of IBS. This may help you understand what is goin on in there.
Be sure to also click on the "Related Diets" link at the bottom of the page. Lots of good fiber info there. http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs03.htm Hope this helps.BQ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts