Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with rectal pain? I experience spasms from time to time that are so painful I can't breathe or move. They only last about 30 seconds but they're horrible. Is this a common symptom? (I have not been "officially" diagnosed yet, but have had classic symptoms for 20 years....I just assumed I had to put up with pain and D.)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes, these pains are excrutiating, although I don't get it all the time. It literally takes my breath away. I don't know if it's IBS-induced proctitis or what. Then I developed this darned anal fissure, so you can imagine the double whammy I get when they both are flared up at the same time!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes, these pains are excrutiating, although I don't get it all the time. It literally takes my breath away. I don't know if it's IBS-induced proctitis or what. Then I developed this darned anal fissure, so you can imagine the double whammy I get when they both are flared up at the same time!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Is it the spinchter muscle itself that is getting the spasms? If so, I saw another post on this--a condition called animus, I believe.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Is it the spinchter muscle itself that is getting the spasms? If so, I saw another post on this--a condition called animus, I believe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. I love it when I have a name for the pain and can tell my doctor what's wrong with me! (I'm usually right.)Laura

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I love it when I have a name for the pain and can tell my doctor what's wrong with me! (I'm usually right.)Laura

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.