Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here i have been none stop reading up on ibs for a few days now i saw the doctor january to get the last test he could think of was Colonoscopy i am seing the doctor about the results next week dont know why it took him so long he did recommend taking pills ive taken loads none of them work take diet food that never help because every time i eaten something could be an apple or a biscuit i get really bad pains that last agesi am now out of ideas on wot to do ive had this for 7 years im 20 now i cant even go to work to top it off i have a damaged spine and torn muscle things just cant get anyworseanyways i thought i would say something about this incase someone has anyideas maybes better things to eat for this ibs diet

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the board . It can be really hard to figure out what it is that makes our IBS flare up but I can suggest that u try and keep a food diary , that way u will get an idea of what upsets you . Try cutting out bread , wheat can be bad for some people with IBS , if that dont work try cutting out dairy which can also be bad for some people with IBS , fruit and vegs can also be bad for some people with IBS , what works for one person might not work for another . Im afraid u have to try and elimanate and then see what happends ,. Im glad u have had the tests done so u know its nothing else wrong. Once again welcome on board .

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have cut out anything fried. I also limit the amount of soda's and any caffiene. I can do apple juice but not orange. Red wine in small amounts doesn't bother me, white in any amount will tear me up. Like someone said. You have to figure out on your own what are your evil foods. If I eat iceberg lettuce I pay dearly. Lose leaf and red tip I can eat almost all I want with no trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive cut down on almost everything i thought fruit was ment to be a good thing but apples do make it very bad evrything i eat will cause me pain i was told to try having lots of water limit wot i eat to small amouts like for breakfast have a bit of bacon with bread. lunch and tea have chicken with vegetables this is all ive been eating along with fruit for almost a week noware these foods ok because im out of ideas i did try bran but that made it very bad and i was told anything with wheat in was wrong im useless when trying to eat all the healthy things usually i just make burgers chips etcnow that i have to do this diet it was torture not having crips beer burgers etc but its a risk ill take be gone of these terrible pains

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.