Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you get hungry on a liquid diet - I'm talking about when people sustain themselves for like a week on ensure and stuff... curious.... I need to do this for two days before I do the clear out procedure for a test because my motility is that bad...My second question - I am just curious if anyone else has a problem with overeating - mine comes in two kinds:1. I feel good and want to taste EVERYTHING I had been avoiding2. Or I actually feel AWFUl, get depressed and graze my way through the pantry...

G

·
I can relate so much. I do the same thing. I think we crave things that we can't have and then just so bezerk. I also have lactose intolerance so it is doubly worse. I tend to overeat, especially after dinner. It is like i do it before i think about what i am doing.Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am soooooo glad to read the second part of you post.......I was thinking I was going through the middle age spread! I am so fat right now and I want to eat ALL the time, I'm ALWAYS looking for something to eat and I'm always hungry~~if I was 5'10" tall my weight would be perrrrrrfect, but alas, I'm only 5' !!!!!

G

·
Oh my god,ME TOO!!!!! sometimes i just eat everything in site because i havent eaten in so long. youde think it would compinsate for not eating alot and having ibs d but it doesnt. i am also 5 feet and i weigh almost 115 which isnt normal for me. i used to weigh 100 pounds. it gets very depreesing. im curious margrat...how much do you weight. you dont have to answer but i was just wondering if im way out of wack.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi:I've been doing Weight Watchers for 2 years and so it has taught me a lot of little tips and ways to cope with overeating.One of the important things for me was to find out what especially triggers the overeating episodes. I find I overeat with these 3 main triggers:(1) I'm fatigued so don't cook and grab whatever I can find.(2) I'm stressed, get angry, so will grab whatever I can find.(3) A biggy, which is why I don't drink much anymore, is that I will overeat if I drink! Especially if I drink before eating. If I eat first and then have a drink it's not too bad.So look at your triggers. You'll be surprised at what you find. Then you can start working with them, little by little.JeanG------------------Member of "The Advance Guard for the Ozone Rangers".May the "farce" be with you. JeanG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.