Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I seem to have the alternating C and D variety..usually even during the very same day.I dont see too many others of you here on the BB with the same symptoms.But I was wondering if any of you could help..A nutritionist had suggested to have a stool analysis done to see if I might have picked up something while i was overseas.. a parasite possibly. But the GI had firmly stated that considering that I also have bouts of Constipation as well, then it simply CAN NOT be a parasite.Is the GI misinformed or is it the nutritionist who is mistaken?Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I would demand the test either way. I think doctors are prone to cut whatever tests possible to satisfy the health insurance companies. Sometimes I fib to the doc and give fake symptoms so they will run certain tests. I used to work in the medical profession so I how to play the game to get things done. That's how I got my endoscopy done - I way over exagerated my stomach pain so they said we better do a scope. When they were there guess what - they found four ulcers. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get proper care.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also had C and D in the same day. I've only been suffering from what is possibly IBS for three weeks. It started the day before I left for a week's holiday. My GI also said that since it's alternating, it's very doubtful that it's a parasite. He asked me to collect some stool samples last week, but then it changed to C before I had a chance so he said there was no point.Fiona

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Poisoned:I don't know beans about parasites, and whether they can be there if you also have C. I do know that is the first question they always asked me in the past, prior to IBS, when I'd go in with D, is whether I have recently traveled overseas.Sorry I can't be of any more help than that.JeanG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts