Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, It has been awhile since I have posted a topic so here it goes. My M.D. put me on oxycontin has anyone been on this before? I would like to hear all about it. Thank You for your time Pat

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hi Pat, it's nice to see you again
I haven't taken oxycontin myself, but I'm sure others here must have so I'm bumping this up. Are you finding it's helping with your pain?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have taken both 15mg [not strong enough]and 30mg [to strong at times]I love the idea of constant pain relief but
if I take pain releaver when I dont need it I get very nauseated so for me xtra strength vicoden works better even though I have to wait for it to kick in I am in control.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi everyone, My computer broke down so I have not been on lately. Would you believe that the Oxycontin is really working for me!!!! I take 30mgs in the AM and 30mgs at night. This is the best that I have felt in 5 years no joke. I have high hopes that it continues to work I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the replys it is good to hear from you all again. Pat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,Every time I check into this bulletin board, I see the heading to your note and I cringe just a little. I just want to share with you my second hand experience with OXYCONTIN. My daughter was in a terrible accident in March of this year. She was hospitlaized for over 3 months. During that time, she was given many pain meds including Oxycontin. This one was the hardest for her to get off of. It seems to be pretty addictive. I hope that your doctor warned you of this and any other potential dangers. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling so much better, just be careful.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My doctor had me on this once and I was afraid because I had read so much about it being highly addictive. Well it turned out it didn't work for me.Best Wishes to you,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts