Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pressured into trying Aerobic Oxygen by a friend. It actually does something!! Not anything as great as a BM, but the pains, bloating, and foggy-brain and even anxiety decreased with it. And it whitens my teeth! - i worry that may indicate this stuff is too powerfull or something? Anyone know about it? Can you get it in the U.S.? I have heard they made it illegal there allready. it is a little red bottle that says "Aerobic oxygen - ionized molecules of oxygen" made by "good for You". No, I am not selling it. [important factor in credability]. It costs about $15/bottle, and you use drops of it in a glass of water... There, thats the description - anyone else try it?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
it's a funny thing: not only am i suspicious of allopathic american medecine's "new" treatments but doubly so of what the AMA etc calls worthless or quack remedies. i have not been "swallowing" oxygen/ozone but have been doing intravenus ozone treatments with a qualified MD in paris, france for years now and it is undeniably, absolutely fantastic for me. natch, these treatments are illegal in america (but not canada) and the germans swear by it and it is common there. when i do a treatment, which involves the doctor mixing ozone (based on my body weight, symptoms etc) with my own blood and shooting in back into me, any cold or flu i might be getting is nixed right in the bud, i feel great and any IBS symptoms (gas, C, pain) disappears almost IMMEDIATELY and that is the good news. the bad news is: since there is probably no profit in curing people, the AMA and pharmaceutical establishments reject, almost out of hand, other non traditional therapies. in germany, oxigenation/ozone therapy is standard procedure and reimbursed by insurance! i say, if something works, and doesn't do more damage, both immediate or eventual, whether it's placebo effect or not, hey, go for it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I'm a nurse and I have to tell you, I don't believe this is legitimate. From a physiological standpoint, it really can't do anything. It just doesn't make good scientific sense. The amount of oxygen in your blood in dependent on so many factors, like how fast or slow you breath, what your lung capacity is, and what the oxygen binding capacity of your red blood cells is, at what altitude you are located, and at what altitude you are used to being. I just can't see how a minutely fractional amount of oxygen is going to do anything to add or subtract from this equation.

·
Registered
830 Posts
exactly; i am not a doc, but my doc tells me that if one breathes shallowly, or smokes (like me) or if one's immune system is down, shooting ozone intravenously hits the body's organs fast, faster, clearly, then by inhaling it or other means. according to what i've read, oxygen helps rejunivate cells and so forth, heal, etc. all i know is, it works for me, even if it is placebo, it makes me feel good.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Michael Jackson used to sleep in an oxygen tent. Can't say it did much for him.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well this isnt over I see. Two against, who didn't try it, and one who did and loves it. Hmmm. Scientifically, O2 therapy makes so much sense since our air is 30% less rich in O2 than it was in 1800. Ahhh, do the two agin' work for medicine after all? This kind of 'plant' is typical of the forces working aginst all cheap cures... Or Ah HA! the one is the 'plant'!! Working to subvert the pharmacologically-based medical establishment. No NoNo. I just wondered if it was worth trying, no the politics. please? It is not harmfull, but the pictures sure look dangerous. Realistically, there is no cases of someone dying from oxygen therapy, maybe the threat lies elsewhere?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.