Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After suffering from IBS daily my whole life, I have been living a normal life for over 3 years now. I see so many others suffering that it just didn't make sense not to share the news, and I don't understand why nobody else has.I was diagnosed with "spastic colon" when I was 10. Before that, they just told my mom it was a "nervous tummy". All of you reading this understnad what that's like! Great - I could have told you that! Now what do I do about it? I got the usual advice about calming down - meditation, diet changes, etc.. Again, as you all know, this just didn't cut it. I still dealt with it every single day. 2 weeks of constipation was the norm for me. Finally, at about age 30, a friend told me about oxygen supplements. She used them for her IBS. Her alternative doctor told her about them. I ignored her advice (from past experience I felt nobody had any real advice worth taking). She came to my home about 3 years later and I was suffering from an unusually long bout with constipation - going on 3 weeks. I was trying everything I knew, nothing was working. She urged me to try the oxygen supplement. Took a few days to work, but low and behold it kicked in. Not like a laxitive where you have the opposite affect, but in a healthy way. For the first time in my life, I began to have regular bowel movements every single day, with no pain in my stomach. I have been living IBS free (at least the symptoms) ever since. This does not "cure" IBS, but it will work for you the rest of your life. If you stop taking it, you'll know in a week or so and will be searching hard for a new supply. Once you begin living an IBS free life, you never want to go back!!! Oxygen supplements come in a few different forms. Capsules, liquid, and in a drink form - already mixed for you. I use both the liquid and the capsules. Both work the same. I don't do the pre-mixed because I don't like the flavors they have. The liquid is completely taste-free. You just squirt some in your water every night before you go to bed and bingo - life is good. Honestly - THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE IT BETER!!!! I am living proof.There are only a few manufacturers, and since it is not FDA approved, they do not market for this purpose. I don't know why it works, and my doctors don't seem to believe me, but I simply don't care - IT DOES WORK - EVERY SINGLE DAY! It's just oxygen, so it can't hurt me. Two manufacturers that I know of are "Aqua-gen" and "Oxy-Gen". You can purchase these products at serious health food stores (call first - many do not carry it or even know about it), but you can also purchase on-line for a huge savings. I buy mine from the Aqua-Gen web site. If you have a friend in a doctor's office somewhere, they can get you an even better discount over the internet. THIS IS NOT EXPENSIVE!! If you go to the health food stores, you will pay about $30 for a 60 day supply, if you purchase on-line, you'll get 3 times as much, if not more, for your money.Dosages suggested on the box are more than are necessary. I simply take one capsule each night before bed or 15 drops in water. It is important to take on an empty stomach, and I have found that it works best when I lie down right afterwards. I wake up in the morning and have a bowel movement each day like the rest of the world. When you first start out, take a double dose of what I suggest above for the first few days, then go to one.I hope to spread this news to as many as possible, as I feel there is simply no need for any of us to suffer any more. I have no idea why someone hasn't done something about getting this word out. Please give it a try and let others know! I am also told that it regulates those who suffer more from loose stool as well as those like me with constipation, but I have no first-hand knowledge of this. Worth a shot, though!I'm happy to answer any private emails.Good luck and happy days are ahead!!!!Victoria

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
that's interesting - oxygen and breathing are an important part of relaxation, hypnosis, etc. and breathing into a paper bag is something that might be suggested in CBT.tom

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Frostbite, I have been d free for years from a non-FDA approved supplement. If I had decided to listen to my doctor, I would still be like almost everyone else on the Board. What bizarre psychology would Virginia have to post this if it wasn't at least her experience? At $15 a month, if you are all c, all the time, how difficult would it be to give this a try? This is pizza money.Mark

·
Registered
354 Posts
overitnow:It was listening to my doctor and following his orders that �triggered� my IBS. Maybe I was a little quick to jump to conclusions on this thread but I am always suspicious of new members whose first posting(s) is of a miraculous treatment for IBS. Over the years I have tried many supplements and alternative treatments for my IBS. I have yet to find one that works for me but I continue the quest. You are fortunate to have found an answer to your IBS. I remember the e mail you sent me when I first joined this BB. At that time I was well aware of Melaleuca�s products having a good friend who is one of their representatives.For those who are interested in Aquagen International below is a link to their web site. I assume this is the Aqua-Gen that Victoria is referring to. http://www.aquagen.com/index.asp P.S. Victoria: I apologize if my suspicions are in error.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm not trying to be contentious, but I am curoius about a couple of things.1. Why couldn't drinking more water give you extra oxygen? Were you drinking 8-10 full glasses of water every single day during your C phases? 2. How do these pills deliver extra oxygen into your system? 3. Have you found that you get fewer colds while on the product you mention? 4. Has your energy increased?Someone was recommending these "oxygen drops" to me a few years back that I was supposed to put into water or on my food but I never did it. To be honest his claims sounded a bit bizarre. But I say, whatever works for you, keep doing it!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I agree with Frostbite...when someone comes along and every single post they have done is to promote a product...and their profile says "partner in business"...well; the suspicians go up. If it works for people that is great...but it is suspicious.I hope the questions asked before me are answered; they are very good.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
What not put a few drops of H2O2 .03% "hydrogen peroxide" in your water? It is not FDA approved either. but it is easy to get and much more economical.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think this is fishy also I found the same post on the lower part of the BB. I posted in the meeting place about this post!!! I don't belive it.Lindalu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts