Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,How many people find that their pain compleatly goes after a BM? Mine tends to not totally go, it can 'releave and reduce' the pain but I still tend to feel sore/irratated if you know what I mean.Wondering if anyone else experiences the same?Ta,

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is not required that you be completely pain free after a BM to get an IBS diagnosis.Just many IBSers have rectums that send pain signals when even partly filled and when they are empty that portion of the pain goes away.However, not all IBSers have rectal hypersensitivity, and some IBSers have other issues that can cause pain after a BM, or pain from other parts of the colon that do not depend on the rectum being full to cause pain.I have rectal hypersensitivity AND other issues. Only the part of the pain from the RH goes away after a BM. The all over every moment of every day colon tenderness didn't care if I have a BM or not. It was always there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your replies.I tend to find my pain can linger in my left side around the bottom and side of my ribs for a bit after a bm... Picked up my prep today for scopes next week... gulp!I supose the pain after the bm that is away from the last part would perhaps not allways be releaved as it is not 'full' like the end. Or am I making that up, just feels like it can ache for a bit after.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Sure I have read of quite a few people over the years describing what you are. Just FYI....The ROME criteria doesn't say the pain goes completely away after a BM.... It says it is relieved by a BM.. which is exactly what you describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.