Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS-D for 15 years and know I have lots of stomach pain and burning in my stomach which has mad me worse. Does anyone else have the burning? My husband thinks it might be a stomach ulcer? I was being to think I have depression. He is great with my IBS by the way he will help any way he can. I'm going to the doc on the 12th and I think I'm going to have him do a upper GI then I can find out whats going on. Good Luck to everyone!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I have pain and burning. The burning seems to come before the sharp pains. Then it's the dash to the wash room. It feels like it radiates throughout my stomach then goes to the intestine for sharp pains. Let me know what your doc says, I am going to see mine today.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me now what your doc says also since your going today Good Luck. My burning is weird mon. I got the burning then I ate and it went away weird.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
If you have burning pain that goes away after you eat something, it could indicate an ulcer, or perhaps gastritis. An upper GI might prove beneficial in your case.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had the pain and burning as well. My GP gave me Nexium which helps a lot. I am still having pain and discomfort throughout, so my gastro has scheduled me for a double whammy. A colonoscopy and the other one where they put it down your throat, I can't remember for sure but I think it is an endoscopy. I am glad they orderd both test. I have been diagnosed as IBS 8 years ago after a colonoscopy came back ok. Hopefully these test will show nothing new. As bad as IBS can be, I won't complain to loud, since there are many people who have conditions that don't come with a very popsitive prognosis.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've had burning before which was GERD, and still get it very occasionally. Have you tried taking any OCT medication for it, such as antacids or tagament or pepcid? That may give you some temporary relief. I'm glad to hear you're seeing your doctor so soon. An upper GI or endoscopy is probably needed. Good luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, I have taken pepto only I dont have that much burning than I have pain. I just have more stomach pain with my ibs-d lately I have had a colonoscopy done already and it was normal. They said I shouldnt have a problem! Well let them live in our shoes for a week then lets see what they say! Good Luck to you all!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have burning it my stomach every morning and sometimes in the day. It also aches alittle. Soon as I eat it goes away. I had the endoscopy and it showed no ulcer. I do have a little gastritis. but nexum does nothing. I had the upper GI to and it showed nothing. I suggest just doing the endocscopy (the test down the throat) and don't bother with the upper GI. With the upper GI you can't see everything and the endoscopy is more accurate. I know I spelt the TEST NAME incorrect but as I said it is the test down the throat which is the most accurate test for those symptoms. So if anybody knows anything about the burning what it may be please let me know to. ThanksTMB

·
Registered
329 Posts
acid reflux, gastritis, ulcers, NSAID's...not depression.Its common for it to go away when you eat with these. Something for that acid to chew on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts