Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having pain in my right side below the rib cage and it feels as though once pressure builds up there it is burning and pushes out into my back under rib cage and lower. is this normal for IBS and why does it burn ?? I ahd colonoscopy and due for lower GI barium, the colonoscopy was normal except they saw something on the way in but could not find on the way out, said they thought it was maybe apolyp. thats why the barium test next week. It was not sore having the colonoscopy till they got to the right side area and it was like raw inside. thanks..whatcha think? thank you SO much they said I have IBS they think. I dunno this is aweful thanks again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pain sensations can vary widely in IBS. Burning pain doesn't necesarily indicate burning. If that area of the colon is spasming then it would be more problematic during a colonoscopy.There is a bend of the colon on the right side under the ribs and this bend can be a trouble spot for IBS. Pain from this region may radiate to the back. This is often seen in gall bladder problems which cause pain in the same area as the bend in the colon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.