Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stomach pains have been so bad recently. At the moment even if I have just a drink of pop or eat anything at all it starts hurting almost straight away. I don't see how it can hurt that quick as the pain in all across the bottom of my very low abdominal area. How can that area hurt when you start eating, surely it should ne higher up?

·
Registered
68 Posts
going through the same at the mo anti smaspodics r no help have found out i have an overactive gallbladder and no pain killers have worked pain all day especially after eating

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Your stomach always tells the rest of the GI tract that you ate. Every single time you eat, every single day of your life.Nerves can send signals to the colon from the stomach in a very short period of time. The colon is supposed to start moving stuff along every time you eat. It isn't that the new food pushes the old food along. The intestines get active and move the old food out of the way.In IBSers that signal often happens earlier than it should, and the rest of the GI tract over-reacts to it.Taking an antispasmodic 20-30 minutes before a meal can help. You might want something like sublingual Levsin as that dissolves under the tongue (not sure if available where you are).The longer you wait to eat, the worse the reaction will be and a lot of people who have a big reaction at the start of meals will wait as long as possible to eat which makes it worse than it would have been if they ate every 3 hours or so.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to the Dr's again in the New Year about it and see if she can give me something else other than Merbentyl as that doesn't seem to do much other than make me queasy and worsen anxiety (known side effect).I've heard of Levsin but not sure if they do it over here in the UK, will have a look.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Your stomach always tells the rest of the GI tract that you ate.
Flippin tattle tail!LOLCat.. you are far from alone... happens to me all the time too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.