Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
My pain use to be below the naval now it is above. I figure it is my transverse colon but don't know if the pain is related to cramping or inflammation. One day a doctor may decide to run some tests to determine the cause but until then I will just have to speculate. I hope the tests you are about to undergo figure out what is causing yours and a treatment can be found.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been living with IBS-C for 17 years now and that's where I get my pain, most of the time. The pain is from spasms and it makes you double over. The spasms for me will continue until my colon empties out. Having hard stools can make it worse but you should talk to your Doctor about anti-spasmodic drugs and daily fiber to keep your stools soft.

·
Registered
559 Posts
th62,I don't have pain right in my naval area, but a little below, and off to the right, and these past few days a little to my left. I do have pain discomfort in the chest area also, which seems to a never end to my right side. Jadair--- :love:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes,I have that pain below my belly button right around my belt buckle area. Its worse with hard stools. I think for me its because that is where the colon has to make a sharp turn and it probably gets inflamed. I have been feeling much better lately though, by taking chewable multivitamins for adults and probiotic like florastor, culturelle, and lots of echinacea elder tea. However the sig-scope I had made the pain much much worse for about a week. Good luck hope this helps.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Unfortunately the location of pain is not all that indicative of whether you have IBS or something else.So it is a good thing you are getting checked out.The colon runs all the way around the outside edge of the abdomen, so pain can be left, right, above or below the navel.Below the navel pain is fairly common in IBS, but it is also found in pretty much any other disease of the colon.K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.