Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Pain during bowel movements

525 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  zectasy 
#1 ·
This is a little embarassing, but lately I have been have pain in the rectum area during bowel movements. I doesn't hurt all the time or every bowel movement, just every once in a while. This didn't happen until around the 11th of November. I ate a couple of hands full of popcorn, which I shouldn't have. Two days afterward, I woke early that morning with stomach pains. I went to the bathroom and experence terrible stomach and rectum pains when my bowels moved. These pains lasted for about 3 or 4 hours. I hurt so bad that I would get sick on my stomach and feel faint when I tried to walk. It eased off that day and night.The next morning when I woke up, I didn't hurt at first, but when I went to the bathroom, it started hurting again. I went to the emergancy room and they ran test and gave me pain medication. They said that it was my IBS causing it. I don't hurt near as bad, but sometimes I still have slight pain and feel tender. Could the popcorn have irritated my rectum area and still be causing the problem? Has anyone else experience anything like this? Any suggestions to deal with this will be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
hmmm interesting...i was doing really good for a month and then 1 night i ate a bag of popcorn and the next morning i was hurtingggg...all day long...it didnt hurt my rectum but it was killing my stomach...well not my stomach but like 2-3 in under my belly button and 2 inches to the left...very bad pain...

#2 ·
hmmm interesting...i was doing really good for a month and then 1 night i ate a bag of popcorn and the next morning i was hurtingggg...all day long...it didnt hurt my rectum but it was killing my stomach...well not my stomach but like 2-3 in under my belly button and 2 inches to the left...very bad pain...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.