Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like everyones pain is in the upper stomach, but mine is always below my belly button. Almost like constant cramps, sometimes a little worse. Am I the only one with this? It has me a little worried since I haven't been tot he "women's" doctor since right after I had my daughter. I did not like him and have yet to find a new one (He's the only on in my area). BTW I have IBS-D. I have been taking the Calcium and it has been helping a lot but I'm in pain right now and have been in the bathroom about 5 times in the past 1 1/2 hours (no D, just not normal either) I also have a lot of back pain but I think that is just how I am. I've had it for years and herniating a disk about 2 or 3 years ago didn't help...my back is always going out! Anyone able to help? Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi, I also have the same pains as you. Mine is lower to upper on the front. And the back pain just about kills me and I can barely walk when I'm having an attack. I have a back injury as well, but its muscular. I keep wondering if I really have IBS. Back pain is not a common symptom but I have been tested for everything else. I take medication for the pain. Do you have anything you can take to help you cope? Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My cramps are definatly down below my belly button and they spread across my whole abdomin. I hurt so badly I start to sweat and shake. When my cramps get to bad I take 1 aleve and a full glass of water. It helps kill the pain until I'm able to pass whatever's in my system. Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My pain is in the lower abdoman --- all across that area but mostly on the left side. I'm having quite a flare now. I sometimes have pain after a BM but usually it doesn't last too long. This episode has lasted about two days. I stayed in bed most of the day today, which I seldom do.I don't know what to do for the pain. I use Aloe Vera Juice when it's bad.I have IBS/D.Jean

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey there,No worries I get bad cramps down below. I also get upper GI pains. It all sucks. You should though get your annual check up at the doctor just to make sure all your women parts are in good condition.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with these problems. I'm in the middle of a flair up right now (I don't think that cappaccino was worth this!)and the stomach pain is pretty bad. I'm living with the heating pad or thermacare heat wraps. I hate feeling like this!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Understand what you mean about the pain,I have it right now,mine is also in my hip bone,doc says it's pelvic girdle pain and the pills he gave me never helped and have to see the pain clinic 1st September. Thinking of you all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have pain below my belly, it hurts, and makes me immoble for a few days, went to bladder dr, he wanted me to take something called elmrodin(ic) and it is about $7.00 a pill, forget that...anyway, it is horrible.jada

·
Registered
22 Posts
My pain is exactly like that.Last week, I ran out of the Nexium I take daily for GERD and was having the brutal heartburn nonetheless I continued to eat--of all things--a mild homemade chili (boy was I asking for trouble). Sure enough, yesterday morning I found myself with the nasty lower abdominal pain associated with my IBS-D.The best non-medicinal thing I have found to help is a peppermint-linden tea (mostly for the peppermint) and it seems to keep the pain down for a bit until the period passes.Peppermint has a natural ability to smooth/soothe the intestinal movements so you might try a cup of that in combination with your pain medication and heat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rogue:My cramps are definatly down below my belly button and they spread across my whole abdomin. I hurt so badly I start to sweat and shake. When my cramps get to bad I take 1 aleve and a full glass of water. It helps kill the pain until I'm able to pass whatever's in my system. Hope that helps a bit.
Yes, I can relate too. I went to the hospital tonight because my abdominal pain was so bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My abdominal pain is in the upper area, especially on the left side. I also get a horrible, aching pain in my back. This pain is in my middle back, just behind where my tummy hurts. Does anyone else have this pain? When I go to my doctor about it, he just scratches his head and boots me off to physical therapy. I'm trying to figure out if the back pain is from the ibs, a random injury, or I'm really good at mentally creating it! If anyone has similar pain, please let me know!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Princess Ada,The pancreas is located in the upper abdomen and lays across the spin. This causes me horrible pain in back and front. Next time you have and attack ask to be checked for lipase/ amylase levels. This is not a common disease so I hope you don't have it but better safe than sorry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.