Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When this all started the pain was in my sides. Then for awhile it was one side in particularm my right. Now my right side hurts when I get a flare and my sternum hurts and gets puffy...Whats there that could be causing this pain and swelling?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey,I am not sure what you have what I had the past 6 months. In Oct. I was having a lot of pain under my right ribs, they thought it was my gallbladder. All the tests come back negative, but after about 5 months, they tried steriod injections in my sternum area. I had a lot of pain in that area that traveled low like to where the gallbladder is located. They gave me steriod injections, 3 at a time, then a few days later received 3 more. A couple of weeks later, felt pretty good. I had severe chest pain, pain traveling the top of the sternum to the bottom, and these injections is what helped me. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have IBS C for about a year and a half. Stopped the zelnorm because it was not helping 4 months ago. Is it normal to have constant pain in my stomach all day long? I have gone naturally with metamecial and prune juice. When I wake up in the morning my stomach hurts and continues all day long. Ihave tried supplements etc but no relief. This all started a year and half ago when I had a scope done and the dr said I had mild gastris and then all the IBS started after that. Please tell me this stomach pain is normal. Sometimes I get so exhausted from it, I have to lie done for an hour. Plus you almost feel your having a heart attack with pressure of the stomach.Lynne

·
Registered
74 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BakaBilly:When this all started the pain was in my sides. Then for awhile it was one side in particularm my right. Now my right side hurts when I get a flare and my sternum hurts and gets puffy...Whats there that could be causing this pain and swelling?
The swelling is inflammatory, (arthritic)Like Kathleen said about costachondritis, some people with IBD get the associated arthritis (like lucky little me) and I have some arthritic inflammation in the sternum as well, it doesn't 'feel' like arthritic pain like I get in my back or hips, it feels like chest pain, like maybe what a heart attack would feel like. I would definitely talk to yur doc. If it was arthritic it may help in getting you a real diagnosis, at least distinguishing between IBD & IBS.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant tell you how many Doctors ive pointed this out to. As well as my GI on more than one occasion. Its the exact same type of pain ive been having for years. And coincides with my attacks. Otherwise alls well. Seriously though. Ive been to the ER twice this year and pointed it out. Ive been to the clinic to get checked out so I can get benefits ($200 a month woohoo!)and pointed it out. Ive told nurses, people I work with and now here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote:Originally posted by Lynne patten:I have IBS C for about a year and a half. Stopped the zelnorm because it was not helping 4 months ago. Is it normal to have constant pain in my stomach all day long? I have gone naturally with metamecial and prune juice. When I wake up in the morning my stomach hurts and continues all day long. Ihave tried supplements etc but no relief. This all started a year and half ago when I had a scope done and the dr said I had mild gastris and then all the IBS started after that. Please tell me this stomach pain is normal. Sometimes I get so exhausted from it, I have to lie done for an hour. Plus you almost feel your having a heart attack with pressure of the stomach.Lynne
I personally dont think its normal. Yet somehow ive been living with it for 7 years and there seems to be little concern from any doctor. >shrug< so I guess it must not be killing me... :*( not directly at least.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I do feel pain all the time like you do. I am always aware of the pain in my gut even when im not doubled over.But I am doubled over EVERY morning and at least 3 times a week in the evening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.