Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody :) . I have noticed that many of us are trying to find out the causes of lower abdominal pain, which can be several. I like to work on this topic very much, so I tried to make at least a short navigation for you.
It is important to remember that the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, urinary and reproductive systems are located in the lower abdomen. So, painful or unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen can be a symptom of diseases of the abdominal cavity, small pelvis or disorders of the musculoskeletal system.

It can also be a symptom of temporary changes or disorders in the body, for example after overeating, consumption of fatty and fried foods and alcoholic beverages. This discomfort is also often experienced by people with gastroenterological or proctological diseases. A feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen may indicate problems with the gastrointestinal tract, for example pathologies of the stomach, intestines, pancreas or gall bladder.

It is also necessary to distinguish what gender it is. This pain can indicate a problem in something completely different in men than in women.

Regular and short-term pulling sensations in the lower abdomen in women can be physiological manifestations of the norm: during menstruation, ovulation, pregnancy, menopause. However, it may also indicate the development of such gynecological diseases:
  • inflammation of the uterus and its appendages (fallopian tubes and ovaries);
  • ovarian cyst (benign ovarian neoplasm);
  • myoma of the uterus (neoplasm in the uterine cavity);
  • endometriosis (pathological growth of the uterine lining),
  • sexually transmitted infections.
In pregnant women, it appears during pregnancy due to the enlargement of the uterus, which causes pressure on neighboring organs (intestines, bladder, kidneys) and oppresses them.

Difficulties in the lower abdomen in men can be caused by several reasons: urological diseases, pathologies of the digestive tract or disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Causes of abdominal pain in men:
  • inflammatory diseases of the urogenital system: prostatitis, urethritis, cystitis;
  • prostate adenoma (abnormal growth of prostate tissue);
  • testicular cyst;
  • sexually transmitted infections (STIs);
  • urolithiasis disease;
  • inguinal hernia.
  • sexually transmitted infections

Furthermore, such pains can be related to diseases of the urinary system, such as inflammation of the kidneys, formation of stones in the kidneys and bladder, cystitis, urethritis.

Difficulty in the lower abdomen can be a symptom of a pathological process in the gastrointestinal tract, urinary and reproductive systems. To determine the cause of discomfort and pain in the lower abdomen, it is necessary to contact a therapist for a consultation and examination.

I hope this message helps you at least a little.
For more information, you can look for example at this site, which I also used in my work :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts