Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I have had IBS with D almost over 14 years. During the recent several months, the sympton got to be worse and I began even having pain in my stomach. I happen to find a very good program (four weeks diet program) on Internet, which has helpt me remarcably!
I´m now at the end of this program and yesterday, I was really happy with this situation until I happened to eat quite much for dinner (the food contained even black pepper, which I had been avoiding during the whole month). After the dinner, I got pain in my upper stomach and it lasts even now after 7 hours...
I have undergone all kinds of tests and nothing turned to be wrong but to have IBS. What do you usually do in order to releif this kind of pain without taking a medicin? (after you have got such pain) I have tested various kinds of medicine before (none of them really helped) and I now really want to relief my pain by "natural way" (for example by some herbs or other kinds of food, relaxing mothods etc) , but I don´t know how. I took some basilica and drank plenty of water one hour ago and the pain seems to have become a bit better now, but not completely yet. I´d appreciate any advice you can give through your personal experiences! Thank you in advance! PS: Excuse me for my non-perfect English, I don´t have English as my mother tongue...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use "umeboshi plums" when I have eaten something bad. That is the best I know. It makes the gases go out and helps the digestion. They tast awfully sour and salty, but I suck them slowly. You find them at health/natural food stores or via the internet.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you tried peppermint tea, or around here I can get peppermint Altiods (breath mints that have real peppermint oil in them) and that can relax the smooth muscles which helps some people.If you know eating causes the pain you might want to do the peppermint before the meal rather than waiting for the pain. If you can't predict it, wait for the pain then take.I keep Altoids in my purse all the time. I also have a prescription antispasmodic, and 2-3 Altoids works almost as well as the prescription medicine for me.If it is a heartburn like pain than peppermint may not be the best as it can relax the valve that keeps acid in the stomach.For some of the upper GI bloat after a meal I find Digestive Enzyme supplements with Pancreatic Enzymes in them can help. Some people chew fennel seeds after a meal for some of the same sort of thing.K.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for your responds! Optimist: Oh, Umeboshi! I live in Sweden, but I´m originally from Japan, so I used to eat them when I still was there, but I never got an idea that they could help this kind of pain in the upper stomach. It´s definitely worth trying! Kath M: Peppermint tea or peppermint altiods sounds great. I tried fennel tea the other day and it helped a bit, so I guess peppermint tea can help even more (peppermint is stronger than fennel, I suppose...)!Thank you so much for your advice, Optimist and Kath M!Take care!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess there are degrees of pain. In my case the pain is severe and comes in the stomach area in waves. When a wave comes it is extremely painful. Does anybody else have similar symptoms? C

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh boy do I know what you mean! I never thought of describing the pain like that (a wave) but it's exactly what it is. It seems to move just like a wave, lasts several seconds, can be a one time thing or several in a row. They make me gasp with pain and I can't think or even talk until they go away. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one feeling this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I´m sorry to hear, cleo and nevvy, that you have that severe pain in the stomach. In my case, the pain doesn´t come like a wave but lasts constantly for a while. It´s like as if you have a big stone inside of the stomach. How do you usually relief that kind of pain which comes like a wave? I do hope that you have found some way to relief it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.