Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am in uncharted waters as they say and glad that the board is up and running. My Ibs has switched around into different waters. I am nolonger C anymore. HMMMMMMMM and now the pain is in my my right side which I don't under stand. If your bowel lossens up shouldn't it be down in your left side. Thats where it was always. It gets so bad that I can't even walk accross the floor. They have me back on the buscopan and theres times when I am vomiting. Its like a constant presure and buring sharp pain. And no I don't have a gallbladder. It goes from my lower right to my belly button. And man the rotton gas I have its enough to kill any one in a ten mile radius Bob has threatened to stop sleeping with me if I son't stop letting go. Now that serious. I know snice all this started I am so run down and cold and just feeling sick its been over a month now. is anyone elses like this. I just wish the pain would let up.Denise

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'd go back to the doctor since you have this big change in symptoms.Make sure it isn't your appendix or something going on in the end of your small intestine, which is on the lower right as well.The run down and cold thing worries me as well. Just because you have IBS doesn't mean something else can't go wrong.One idea on the odor, especially since you are tending loose (and you might run this past the doctor to see if it is Ok if you can't get in right away) is try some pepto-bismol. Bismuth containing compounds can reduce the amount of odor in the stool/gas.K.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
denise i get these pains in my right hand side too i mentioned this a few times on the old site. i have not asked my doc what is causing this as i dont want her to think oh my god what is it now?im on buscopan too and i find it does settle the bowel down a bit but it does not take the pain away (i wish they did) i can sympathise with you,
good luck

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi Denise. I have suffered from right sided pain for 2 years now. I had the full GI workup and the dr. says it's ibs as nothing showed up on the tests. I too have a constant burning pain about 2 inches to the right of my belly button and sometimes spreading down. I don't know what to tell you. Have you had your appendix checked out? Have you read the symptoms for crohn's and do they fit for you? Hope you find answers soon, Soft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.