Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have esophagitis, gastritis and colitis. My father was recently diagnosed with celiac disease, I am waiting for the results of my bloodwork to see if I may also have it. I had a colonoscopy about 3 months ago which gave me the diagnosis from above. I have a very sore place in my lower left back area. It is right around where my ovary would have been. Due to endometriosis I had a total hysterectomy last year, hoping it would also do away with that pain there, but it did not. I still have it. Sometimes it is much sorer than at other times. It does not get better from standing or sitting and many times I wake up at night with it hurting. I do however get some relief from it directly after a bowel movement. BUT, it does seem that whenever I am in the most pain with it, I have more "discharge" after going to the bathroom. I have had it xrayed and it showed nothing. Said it must be something muscular. I was just wondering if this is something to mention to my gastro dr when I go back the first week of April. If it was something with my colon would that have shown up with the colonoscopy, or is this something that maybe would take a different test to diagnose. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi poonomoreI noticed no posting. Just from your writing, I do not detect any negativity which means you are remain positive despite what you are going through.Just wanted to say best of luck.From you writing, it is difficult to know if you have IBS. So far IBS is difficult to diagnose and is currently done rather via elimination. So don't worry too much and see what your gastro dr says.Good luck.terence

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Poonomore I also have my most severe pain in my lower left side of my intestines. At first a doctor thought that I could have Crohns disease. Because of this I had a colonoscopy. My intestines were inflamed, but the biopsy was negitive. However the gastro dr said that at my age it doesn't always show in the biopsy. So I was treated for Crohns. The treatment didn't work so I went to my healthcare doctor. She sugested that I see a ginocologist. I did and she thought I could have endomitrios. I didn't. I then had another colonoscopy. Again very inflamed, but in this one my intestines spasumed. This lead to my current diagnoses, IBS-C. This is a very painful condition where the intestines spasum. Like I said earlier my pain is mostly my lower left side. I was told that this is because of a tight curve in the colon where a lot of blocking occers. This causes a lot of pain. The only help for me is heavy pain drugs. Something that also helps me is colon cleansing. It gets out all the blocked up stool,gas,and mucus.Good luckKaitlyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.