Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have ibs-d and always have a constant ache and pain down my left side from the hip bone downwards towards the groin, Descending colon (i think). Why is it that it is so painful on the left side, also I get it in the middle of the abdomin below the belly button. Is it to do with inflamation or does it happen any way in people with ibs. ?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
or does it happen any way in people with ibs. ?
In my experience, it does just happen.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I used to get an ache right at the hip bone on the left side, which is apparently where the colon bends, especially when driving my car, seemingly from the angle at which I sit. That only developed when I bought my current car, long after the D was gone, and usually lessened after passing gas.When the D was active, I would occasionally get a knife sharp pain right behind the belly button. Since my recovery implies inflammation, I presume it played a role in the creation of the causes of that pain; but as to a general direct relationship, I don't know if one exists or not.Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.