Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goesFirst the painIts like on my right by my hip its like there is something there I showed the dr she said there is nothing there etcAnd i get it on the bottom right of my tummy right where your tummy ends if you get what i meanthe dr said thats an inflammed colon and sometimes around my belly buttonI had this since my 20s since i got a bad case of food poising. could that have caused bowel scaring?? whats the symptons of bowel scaring???Some days i pass a bm 3 times a day easily other times one sometimes its loose and other times normalBUT this is my diet and im being totally honest here okI am 144 kgs which is a lot but im 6 foot 5I smoke 20 a day, and prob drink about 4 bottles of wine a week, I eat about 6 slices of bread a day but mostly wholemealI eat veges and fruit a lot, but I also eat a lot of sausages and processed meat etc, the odd bit of cake I have been either having porridge or toast for lunchI take aleo vera juice when I can but thats loaded with sugarI also take vitamins, and kiwi fruit tablets and fish oilI was using mucilaxI also drink 5 cups of coffee a day but I dont drink alot of sodaWill this be causing my pain its only about a 2 out of 10 its more discomfort.If i only drank once a week say a bottle and abit and only had 2 coffees a day and cut down what i ate would this help??????I need to do it slowly i know that but someone please tell me Im 33 i can handle the pain its not that bad but i worry its something elseThanks I had a check for appendcitis about ten years ago they didnt do bloods just pressed around said it wasnt that

·
Registered
262 Posts
Drinking coffee (caffeine) releases SP (upon exercise) which projects to the vagus system and inhibits it. This causes the right side colon to contract and produce extraction of water and improves gut transit time. You could cut down on the coffee and lessen your pain, but it would be bad for constipation.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Alcohol is a neurotoxin, and in the long-run makes things worse, (e.g. constipation, dried out stools that are harder to pass). The coffee has its good points and its bad points, but alcohol is always bad news. If you want something to make the coffee better on your colon, add cervical compressions with a traction set-up, see my Blog's last two entries. If you have an overworked colon and the pain associated with it, get some minor tranquilizers and try to go to sleep, (don't drink). Also, don't take NSAID's. They increase the activity of descending inhibitory brain areas that secrete endorphins (opiates) that also slow down peristalsis.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i never heard of an over worked colon beforeBut i suppose I could have with being over weight and the alochol and smoking etcI do know if im sore I have noticed a sleep helps sometimes or some exercise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.