Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been told I have IBS. I have what I call attacks about twice a month. When I have these attacks it starts with pain in my lower right stomach area and pain in my bottom on the right side and goes down the back of my right leg. The pain in my bottom in unbearable, it feels like a nerve. I also have pain in my lower back. My family doctor put me on Zoloft for my IBS and the doctor who done my colonoscopy put me on Rubinal which didn't help and then put me on Zelnorm. I just started the Zelnorm yesterday, but my family doctor refused to put me on Zelnorm when I asked her about it because she said the side effects are too bad. I also take 2Tablespoons of Benefiber a day. My attacks last about 3-5 days. I litterally stay in bed because of the pain and no energy. During these attacks, I have trouble urinating and having a bowel movement. Does anyone else have pain in these areas or symptoms like these? Please give me any info you have. The tests I had done on me was a colonoscopy, MRI on the back and was told I had a tear, muscle spasms, and Osteoperosis. I was first told that the back problems was causing the pain in my bottom. I have also had many blood tests done and have had an appendectomy and a hysterectomy. Thank You

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.