Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have chronic pain with IBS, How would you rate your daily pain on a 1-5 scale??? For me, Most days are 2 to 3, maybe a 5 after very little sleep the night before or a very very stressful day or bad food or whatever, and lately, a couple 1 days over the last few weeks!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well most days I have 3 pain from cramps or spasming. I get the 10 pain after I eat a trigger food and I have 5-10 pains when I get diarrhea.

G

·
bkitts-- I had pain every single time I ate anything............Have you told your doctor? Since I have been on Levbid, I dont have pain every day anymore,, I feel almost normal again.. But I find that if I am in a worried state of mind,, like I know we have to go OUT for dinner ,I get nervous and will sometimes have pain after eating ,,, which is why,, I take 1/2 valium 5mgs and the Levbid before I go and also try to keep telling myself to calm down and stop worrying. easier said than done, I know. But it's worth a shot. diana

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I never have pain with IBS, I am either constipated for long periods of time (not sure why that doesn't cause me pain) or I have D for a full day. I am starting to wonder if I really have IBS or my body is just adjusting to losing my gallbladder four months ago.

G

·
Most days it's a 3 with not-so-rare 4 days. The pain exhausts me so I try to get plenty of sleep. I no longer take pain meds. They make me constipated. I've found that over the years I've become more adapted to the pain. The most consistent pain relievers are sleep and lots of Chammomile tea. Really.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lately, it's been about a 4. The pain is pretty constant. I am a type "A" personality and I know this doesn't help. I too, am not taking any meds. They make me tired. I have (for several years) lose bowel movements, but don't have to go several times a day. Usually, just once a day. But, the pain is pretty constant. I just wish it would go away. I like what you said about sleep. I've been wondering if lack of sleep affects your stomach. I think it does. My son is over a year old and still gets up at night. Anywhere from once to 4 times. Then, I get up at 4:00 a.m. to commute to work. It's hard. I notice on the days, I don't get a lot of sleep, I tend to not feel so good. Thank you for confirming what I suspected about lack of sleep.------------------

G

·
The days of my attacks the pain levels are an excruciating 10.The kinda of pain that says okay take me away to the looney bin and knock me out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts