Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only C type symptoms and get intermittent lower right side cramping and burning that is always in the same spot--seems near where the small and large intestine meet. I have had upper GI with a small bowel follow thru and lower GI Barium series done and they were negative. No colonoscope yet. Prior to my lower GI I did the 48 hour Fleet prep kit, but the first X-ray before the enema showed I wasn't cleaned out real well even after undergoing the not fun prep. I drank twice as much fluids as recommended. Does anyone get similiar burning sensations that seem to occur in the same location, and does colon hydrotherapy work well?Dave

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Colon hydrotherapy or colonic irrigation is a useless and potentially dangerous therapy. First off, there is nothing to be gained by it over laxative therapy. Second, there are dangers of causing an infection from nonsterile instruments and of physically damanging the rectum.

·
Registered
462 Posts
DAVE: HI MY NAME IS CADIA, I'VE HAD IBS FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW AND I KNOW THIS BURNING PAIN YOUR TALKING ABOUT IT'S NOT NICE AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR GONNA DIE AND/OR CRAWL UP INTO A SMALL BALL SOMEWHERE AND YOU'D DO ANYTHING FOR THIS PAIN TO GO AWAY. I KNOW THIS PAIN! I DON'T KNOW IF YOURS IS AS SEVERE AS I'M DISCRIBING BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMEND ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH MESSING WITH YOUR COLON. YOUR COLON IS THERE FOR A PURPOSE AND THAT PURPOSE IS NOT TO MESS WITH IT IN THAT WAY WITH RISK,ALSO TO SEVERE INFECTION THAT CAN CAUSE AN EVEN BIGGER PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE. NOW THE BURNING PAINLIKE SENSATION YOU ARE FEELING IS CONSTANT SPASMING OF YOUR INTESTINES(USUALLY BIG) TRYING TO DO IT'S JOB BY TAKING IN WATER AND LETTING OUT THE WASTE. THE PAIN HAPPENS WHEN THIS IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. BASICALLY IT'S LIKE A PULLED MUSCLE, LIKE A CHARLIE HORSE BUT ONLY IN YOUR ABDOMEN WHERE THE PAIN INTENSIFIES BECAUSE THERE, YOUR BODY IS WORKING WITH LIQUIDS AND WASTE. MOST IBS SUFFERES HAVE WHAT I LIKE TO CALL A SENSITIVE TUMMY, AND WHEN THINGS FOR SOME REASON ARE NOT WORKING RIGHT, WE CAN FEEL IT A GREAT DEAL MORE. I WOULD SUGGEST FOR YOUR PAIN, NOT PAIN KILLERS, BUT ANTI SPASMIC DRUGS, SUCH AS DICYCLOMINE(WHICH I TAKE WHEN I FEEL THE PAIN COMING ON)AND HERE'S A LIST OF SOME MORE YOU CAN ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT,BEMOTE,BENTYL,BYCLOMINE,DI-SPAZ, THESE ARE JUST A FEW THAT ARE LISTED IN MY BOOK. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT MEDICATION OR ANYTHING ELSE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME. YOU CAN FIND IT ON MY PROFILE. THANKS---------------------Cadia Carpathia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.