Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I use Diectel (got the script updated today ... makes me feel better, be about twodays before I'm back to normal, if you can call it normal)I'm a D, or as I think of it a "boom...woosh"If I miss the Dicetel its 6 to 10 times a day, with really bad constant pain, bloating and cramps. And just before the boom, piercing teeth clenching pain. With Dicetel its from once to 3 times daily. But I don't want to depend on pills for the rest of my life .... thank god for medical insurance.What can I do about the pain, is it diet, life style????Why isn't Dicetel available in the states?Any way is there anything normal about IBS or is it just a generic name that Dr.'s paste on it so that they can cover something that they don't understand... sorry about that to any DR who might read.Everyone seems to be a C or D, pain no pain, weight gain weight loss,,,, what in the heck is going on... my sister has Epstien Bar..took years for a Dr to even admit that it exists and then they say everyone has it.What is a normal symtom of IBS, what do we all suffer from...intestinal cramping?Can any one give me a clear ideaWow that felt good, I like to rant as you have noticed, thanks for being patient

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
"Vent" anytime Andrew! Feels GREAT, doesn't it?! Geez - the pain, I don't ever have pain, sorry. Don't know what to do for it. Perhaps the Dicetel is not the thing for you - sure didn't work for me. Have you tried the Caltrate Plus for your "D"? It is natural - just basically a calcium supplement - maybe if you try that you won't have so much pain... Anyway, works for me. And countless others.Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hi again, Andrew! All I can say, and I'm sure there will be a lot of agreement on this, is that IBS (or IBD - diff. docs use the two interchangable) is a catch-all for "YOU DO NOT HAVE A NORMAL BOWEL."As you noted, symptoms vary, triggers vary, effective meds and treatments vary, but we all have in common that we have bowel problems. Sorry, if your are looking for an answer.flux - where are you, flux? Haven't seen you in a while - is an endless source of info. He mentioned once that there is some guideline dr.s use as to how many bm's per day, etc. But I haven't seen the citation. Maybe he'll see this and let us know.Cheers!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
According to a site on the web, the following are typical symptoms of IBS.At least 3 months of continuous or recurrent symptoms of:1.Abdominal pain, usually relieved with defication.2. Altered stool frequency3. Altered stool form: watery/loose or hard stool.4. Diarrhea/Constipation or both5. Pain in the pelvis, rectum or anus6. Heartburn or indigestion7. Chest Pain.8. Vomiting9. Abdominal bloating,swelling and gas10. Lump in throat or trouble swallowing11. Feeling of incomplete evacuation after having a bowel movement.12. Straining or urgency13. Full feeling after eating only a small meal.14. Passage of mucus in the stool.15. Fatigue16. Pain during intercourse17. Urinary urgency.Well that's all I could find, which is more than enough. I guess that's why there are so many people with IBS who have different symptoms. Hope this helps. Just call me "Fluxette"
------------------"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"Rose

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Thanks Lefty, I kind of think "Fluxette" is a cute name. I wonder what Flux will think!
------------------"Today is the first day of the rest of your life"Rose

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with rose you are now the all knowledgeable "fluxette", by the way what was the link that you pulled this from..I crave information.by the way anyone else have problems with fresh fruit and vegtables?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
The Rome criteria do not specify how frequent a symptom must be to be classified as one of the functional disorders other than to say it must be present at least 25% of the time and for at least three months. Only abdominal pain and altered stool habit are given as the symptoms. Most of the ones mentioned by Rose are not part of IBS, but of other functional gastrointestinal disorders. Also, IBS is often associated with other symptoms, but these are not part of the criteria.These criteria are being updated: Rome II, and it now has its own website: http://www.romecriteria.org/ .Dicetal, as most of the IBS drugs, are not available in the US probably because it costs so much money to market a drug here.Fluxette does sound kinda of cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts