Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get discomfort after using my bowels in the morning and it lasts all day aching on and off (mostly on).I can feel I am absolutely going to burst and desperate to get to a toilet but nothing happens! I just ache. Sometimes worse than others but this last bowt has lasted six months and I've done everything, the exercise, the fibre, fluids, the mebeverine, spasmanol - I'm just so sick of aching all day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi fellow sufferer.Diverticular disease can have similar symptoms. It depends where you get your pain. In my experience (I have it as well as IBS) Diverticular pain is more often felt toward the end of the descending colon which is on your left side about level with your appendix. If your pain is more in the centre, a few inches above the groin... welcome to the club.Adrian.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi fellow sufferer.Diverticular disease can have similar symptoms. It depends where you get your pain. In my experience (I have it as well as IBS) Diverticular pain is more often felt toward the end of the descending colon which is on your left side about level with your appendix. If your pain is more in the centre, a few inches above the groin... welcome to the club.Adrian.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi echoI was feeling fine for a few months as song as I don't eat what i'm not supposed to of course, but for the last week the pain and bloating has returned. I'm not supposed to eat eggs and last week I had one (stupid me)and now i just feel miserable and achy, i hope this pain doesn't stick around too long. I know whay you are going thrue. Sometimes I feel like ripping my intestines out! Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi echoI was feeling fine for a few months as song as I don't eat what i'm not supposed to of course, but for the last week the pain and bloating has returned. I'm not supposed to eat eggs and last week I had one (stupid me)and now i just feel miserable and achy, i hope this pain doesn't stick around too long. I know whay you are going thrue. Sometimes I feel like ripping my intestines out! Hope you feel better soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.