Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First what is acidophilus? I saw someone suggested it, second I have been having pelvic and lower back pain. I have been on benefiber and calcium? is this normal, could it be a urinary infection? or what. Please help

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi. Acidophilous is the good bacteria generally found in yoghurt and some probiotics you can get at the chemist. It adds to the good bacteria in our stomach to hopefully help fight against bad bacteria which can cause digestive problems (like diarreah).As for the lower back pain, I quite often get this, mostly when I feel ill. If you have a bladder infection you will most likely feel burning when you pee or right after you pee and will need to pee a lot more often than usual even though not a whole lot will come out when you do. If you can get a sterile container and take a sample to your doctor they'll dipstick it to check
Benefibre shouldn't cause back pain, although it can cause tummy pain, especially if you take too much too quickly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi i have no medical experience but i can tell you what i have experienced.As Screamer said Benefibre should be fine if you start off slowly and build up.as for pelvic and back pain, i was suffering this quite badly and often without tummy pains, i went to my gastro and he said the pain is likely due to the many nerve endings that attach from the muscles in your gut to the back and side pelvic regions...So basically it is all linked to IBS he thinks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts